Backpacks?? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Here you go:

Hiking pack for dogs

Is a backpack a good idea?

Singletrak or Approach??
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have a mountain smith back pack for my boy. Works well, but I rarely use it. Lots of room for stuff but I tried it a few times for his training stuff and its just annoying to put it on and off of him. Won't put it on him on hikes in the woods because I want him to run freely and don't want the backpack to get caught on anything and rip. In the summer when its hot I sometimes throw it on him with frozen water bottles or just cold water bottles...that way we have cold water and he stays cooler, but even that happens very rarely.

It's a cool thing to have, found mine on amazon and it wasn't too expensive, good construction as well. I got a medium...don't go bigger than that. I have an 85lb male and it fits him just fine. I've just come to realize its easier for me to grab a back pack and put stuff in it than to strap that thing on him, then take it off when we're doing something, then put it back on, ect. Your idea about the dog park, while in theory its good, in reality you'll end up taking it off your dog and carrying it around (so its easier to carry a human backpack). If you leave it on, some other dog will come by and rip it off for you, or shred it while your dogs are wrestling.

If you're going to continue using the forum...learn that people will comment and give their input on your whole post not just the question you ask. Either take their advice, or ignore it completely, no reason to tell them that you're not interested in their opinion about something else you wrote.

Last edited by martemchik; 01-11-2013 at 02:31 PM.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, I live in New South Wales of Australia, starting obedience classes next weekend, looking forward to honing some energy in a positive learning environment.
I apologize for my abrupt self, it's not an excuse, but I had a horrible day dealing with people accusing me of being a bad owner. I have a rescue staffy who is underweight at the moment and slowly gaining her strength and health. I had a person have a go at me about being a bad owner, when they didnt even know that she had just been rescued.
My apologies.
Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Raintheshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.