Jolly ball - is it fun or frustrating? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The frozen ones are the worst! They are like sandpaper when they get dirty too. Karlo constantly punched the other dogs with it too..I'm sure they got frustrated with him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

We have a Jolly Egg and an Indestructiball (which is exactly like the Jolly Egg, only round and a bit smaller). They are both hard plastic. Juno loves them both and likes to "herd" them around our front garden or at the local football pitch.

Juno gets kinda obsessive with them, and seems to get frustrated when they don't go where she wants it to and does her high pitched yapping at it. lol

The problem I have with these toys is that they get scuffed and scratched up on the outside over time, which in turn scratches Junos nose and mouth when she pushes it high speed. I've had to take them away from her because she cuts herself to the point of bleeding and gives herself welts on her nose. I've tried sanding them down, but it hasn't helped. Anyone else have that problem?
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I had that problem too - my last dog was *obsessed* with his "Push & Play" Jollyball. He'd probably have torn his nose right off if I hadn't taken the ball away from him, and I'm not kidding. My puppy doesn't like the ball because he hasn't learned to push it around so his nose is fine, lol.

They both liked the "Teaser Ball" but it got a crack in the seam so I threw it out. It did last for several years though. I don't think the ball frustrated them to the point that I'd worry about it, because when they actually were frustrated to that point, the whole neighborhood heard about it, lol. I did have to take it away from them because they chewed the holes, and I worried about them cracking/breaking a tooth on it.

Hard Plastic Jollypets.com
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Member

My dog makes this funny grunting and whinning noise that does sound like she's very frustrated with the little ball inside. I used to tease her with the little ball inside by popping it against one of the holes or shaking the whole thing.

She has free access to it because she doesn't play with any toy too long. She treats herself like a princess so is very careful about not getting hurt.
Bear L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rua View Post

Juno gets kinda obsessive with them, and seems to get frustrated when they don't go where she wants it to and does her high pitched yapping at it. lol
Uschi is the same way with her Jolly Egg. I have to always monitor her time with it.
Pattycakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
The teaser ball is what Mooch is talking about. Karlo can't have one for very long because he is so obsessed and it tears up his face, teeth and paws. My other dogs really don't care about it. They all love jollyballs, but again, Karlo can't have them because he is constantly chewing/wearing down his canines.
Teaserball - YouTube
I gave the teaser ball to Lakota in a second she was chewing to get the ball out. I took it away and wrote to the company about how dissatisfied I was they sent me the soft "Bounce n Play" ball OMG it was the best ball I ever got her. So happy with it after the first one gave into the thousands of teeth marks I got a 2nd one. My oldest dog is obsessed with the hard jolly ball and the teeth marks cause sharp edges when she pushes with her nose she gets scratches and blood stains on her muzzle.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Can you post a photo of the bounce n play?
I have two of the chuckit kick/fetch balls coming tomorrow, but I read that they are easily destroyed. And they aren't cheap!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I can't vouch for the company but this is a picture BOUNCE-N-PLAY BALL PINK/BBLGUM 8 INCH | Buy Jolly Pets Online they usually come in pink or blue (blue is blueberry).
Even though its soft plastic, it has held up to Lakota's INTENSE chewing power!
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ah, I have the blueberry one. When it freezes it gets hard and Karlo loves bashing it into the other dogs...so it's not on the rotation
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rua
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycakes View Post
Uschi is the same way with her Jolly Egg. I have to always monitor her time with it.
OMG "Uschi" - I love it. One of the many names we pondered over for our dogs. Do you pronounce it the same way we do over here?
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.