German Shepherds Forum banner

Collars and leashes - oh my

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  KatsMuse 
#1 ·
I've been searching this morning for the perfect collar and lead for Spirit. SO many options! Material, size, lining, lock type ... ay yi yi. And measuring Spirit's head and neck was no small feat LOL

Anyway, this is what I've come up with, after HOURS of searching, literally. Spirit is your basic many-colored GSD -- he's black, tan, silver, with red around his neck and head. Trying to color coordinate :crazy: I've chosen Mahogany base with black top

And a leather Cafe lead in Mahogany

I'm torn between the Mahogany and Rosewood. Rosewood might be too red though??

And will Spirit's neck grow that much more that he might outgrow this collar? It's too expensive if he will. He's 8 months, measures 18" loosely. I'm concerned this collar isn't adjustable ??

Way too complicated :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

See less See more
#6 ·
This is what the site says:

1" Leather Dog Collars
These collars generally work well for medium to large breed dogs. The double layer, lined collars in this section are pretty heavy duty and are designed for stronger dogs over 50 lbs.
1.25" Leather Dog Collars
These collars are designed for large to giant breed dogs or for anyone who is looking for a wider collar than the standard 1" width. The double layered, lined collars in this section are much thicker and heavier than those you'd normally find in pet stores and are designed for dogs who need a stronger collar.

I like how this particular style is double layered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.