Leo's ears were soft for a very long time. I had them glued and taped starting at 5 months for about two months with short breaks in between. At about 8 months, one ear was up and the other would stay up most of the time, stand in a wobbly way but flop completely when he was relaxed. That's when I got truly concerned!!! Then his breeder said I should shave that ear. IT WORKED. At that stage, more gluing and taping was counterproductive because it was adding weight and I needed to let the ear "learn" to support itself. I didn't believe that would make such a huge difference but that's all the ear needed. I shaved the ear whenever I saw a thin layer of fur grow back. Did it continuously for 3 months. I highly recommend giving it a try!