Ear Glue products - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Ear Glue products

Ok everyone....I have a question!..?

Besides,..."Tear Mender & Skin Bond".....what other products have you had success with?
I am trying to locate a "tubed" adhesive that is from Germany...and used as a "ear glue"...? I think it is in a yellow colored tube.

ANY information would be appreciated.
We occasionally help people whith "creased ears"....and we've noticed that the "skin bond" brand is not doing as well as before....maybe the formula has changed?.

Thanks in advance,
Robin

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....where breeding is still considered an art....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

Re: Ear Glue products

The best glue comes from a medical supply store. Ostemy glue for people that have a colostomy bag.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 05:29 PM

I will tell you what, I know some people haven't had a lot of success, but we used eyelash glue (The kind for fake eyelashes) and it worked great for us...We used it with breathe right strips to prop up the ears and it held for weeks. Skin Bond changed their formula and now they recommend Torbot Bonding Cement since it's similar to the original Skin Bond formulation.

http://www.exmed.net/dept.asp?dept_i...FSgRGgodIl3mZQ

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Is there a limit on age to have the ears glued. I have a 14 month old shepherd and he has one lazy ear. Could someone please help me on what I should do. I would love for both ears to stand up. But if that is not possible it will not make me love him any less.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Crowned Member

I think most people would agree that at 14 months, if the ear was going to stand properly it would have done so by now, and that glue or tape probably won't help.

That said, the glue or tape won't hurt your dog (other that to probably take the hair off the ears, which will grow back.) If you feel like you need to give it a try or else you'll always wonder "what if..." then you can give it a go for a couple of weeks and see if it helps any at all.

Tracy
St. Louis, MO

Luca says, "Arf!"
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Hey...I just wanted to share this "tid-bit" of info!!

.....I ordered a glue from the Medical Supply Co,...just like the poster recommended........LOVE IT!!!! Great stuff! Works like a charm! Thank you for the recommendation!

Product name: Perma-Type Surgical Cement 4oz

.....one suggestion though....it does contain (Latex)...so be careful if you or your dog has a latex allergy.

Have a great one,
Robin

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

....where breeding is still considered an art....
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:36 PM

I started the breathe rite strips on Kyra at about 14 months old, after taping failed, etc. She had very soft ears that would only stand if she was interested in something!! She is now 5 years old and both ears stand , even though still soft. My thought is use them for a week or so, take them out, when one or both ears start falling, put them in again. I used them until she was about 3 years old (when needed)( I think she finally got so sick of the strips that she kept them up!! I did use false eyelash glue to keep the strips in and any glue residue was easily removed with Goo Gone (be sure to wash the ear after using)!
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks, I will try the eyelash glue. I dont know, but trying to find anything in Canada is quite a chore. I found a place that sells jiffysew, but they have not yet gotten back to me. I did a search yesterday and found out other people are using it for dogs ears. I have bought the breathe right strips, but I have no glue to try. Do you remember what brand of eyelash glue it was? Sounds kinda stupid but my luck, I would end up with a german shepherd with breathe right strips stuck in his ears for years.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Crowned Member

Could you order it on line? The "Tear Mender" latex glue that many use is available at several online retailers, like these:

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages...er_system.html

http://www.amazon.com/Tear-Mender-Glue-T...91441407&sr=8-1

or here's the medical glue:

http://www.edlpmed.com/snu4000-00.html

Tracy
St. Louis, MO

Luca says, "Arf!"
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the links. Have you or anyone else ever heard of Jiffysew, it is also a product that breeders are using to glue their dogs ears. I found the address, It is located in Peterbourgh, Ontario, Canada. I really dont want to try a product that no one else has tried. Geez, It might be like gorilla glue or something and lukas will be stuck for good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page