Ear Glue products - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned

Update:
Okay, this was ridiculous. I guess I must have placed the strip wrong, the ear couldn't stand up with all those strips in it. However, I figured it out.

One strip! ONE strip did the trick. I took everything out of her ear and used one strip and the ear is up. You can barely notice it either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Master Member

I use Pattex glue and ear forms (super lightweight and my dog doesn't even acknowledge them) from Germany. The glue lasts for several weeks. You can get them through www.caniscallidus.com, which is located in the States. The glue didn't irritate Dexter's ears at all and the forms are reuseable. In fact, one ear is getting droopy again, so I'll reapply the form in the next day or so. Those blasted ears...
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
Update:
Okay, this was ridiculous. I guess I must have placed the strip wrong, the ear couldn't stand up with all those strips in it. However, I figured it out.

One strip! ONE strip did the trick. I took everything out of her ear and used one strip and the ear is up. You can barely notice it either.
By any chance do you have before and after pictures? im kinda having the same problem. Thanks

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 04:57 PM

I had just recently bought the duo eyelash glue and breath right strips, but now I'm not sure what to do with them. Am I suppose to glue the strips in his ear and glue the tips of his ears together, or just glue the strips in the ears? Any help would be appreciated. He's 7 months old if it matters.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Did you use the Perma type cement with the breathe rite strips?
How long did you have to use them and most important what did you use to clean cement off of the ears?
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 AM

help with ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindajane View Post
I started the breathe rite strips on Kyra at about 14 months old, after taping failed, etc. She had very soft ears that would only stand if she was interested in something!! She is now 5 years old and both ears stand , even though still soft. My thought is use them for a week or so, take them out, when one or both ears start falling, put them in again. I used them until she was about 3 years old (when needed)( I think she finally got so sick of the strips that she kept them up!! I did use false eyelash glue to keep the strips in and any glue residue was easily removed with Goo Gone (be sure to wash the ear after using)!
hello,I have a 6 1/2 month old shepherd with one lazy ear and they are thin or soft as you put it. How do you use breathe rite strips?????/ I was just going to start with a foam insert and glue but the strips sound interesting?
cathy
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Anyone have any detailed pics of methods they used or where to find some? Trying to go the strips/eye lash glue since it is the easiest to get.

-Antione

Efes - Male Black/Tan GSD (5/22/2010)
Lexi - Female Brindle Boxer (4/22/2009)
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 AM

Gluing Ears

I have a 10 month old GSD mix whose ears fall to the side vs falling to the front. I've used the Breathe Right strips both vertically/horizontally, but her ears bend to the side so close to her head that it's nearly impossible to get them to stand up straight with the strips....has anyone had a GSD with ears that fall to the side vs the front and managed to get the ears up? I know she is older, but we've been trying since she was about 6 1/2 months because we were waiting for her to quit teething.

cheers!
shana and Nala
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluemanti View Post
Anyone have any detailed pics of methods they used or where to find some? Trying to go the strips/eye lash glue since it is the easiest to get.
A friend of mine passed this link along to me...it seemed helpful. I paid attention to the bottom portion of taping an older puppy's ears...
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanar View Post
A friend of mine passed this link along to me...it seemed helpful. I paid attention to the bottom portion of taping an older puppy's ears...
oops...here is the link..
http://www.greatdanelady.com/article..._ears_text.htm

Last edited by Shanar; 10-26-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: wrong link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page