Ear Glue products - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Re: Ear Glue products

HI ! Im new here. I am Laso having issues with My GSD ears. I have used tear mender and it worked after 5 days they came apart and still the one is floppy. Normally I wouldnt care but I paid a heafyt price for her. We are doing confirmation, and need that Lazy ear up. SO thanks for all the posts with Breathe right Strips, Eye lash Glue... Etc. We'll see.

Lead by example. Integrity is doing what is right even when no one is looking.

J R Marean
Yarest Von Wilhendorf - 11/03/2010
Dame der Gerechtigkeit Vom Haus Juris - 07/2009
Wolke Vom Mattenburcherland - 04/2006-07/2009 RIP (my love)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM

OK, I had to tell you. After I got off work (1800-0600) I went straight to the nearest 24 hr Walmart and purchased the Clear Breathe Right Strips and Eye Lash Glue. Raced home, cleaned the one lazy ear (witch Hazel), waited for it to dry. While waiting for it to dry , unpeeled the backing of the strip off & alid the sticky side up on the sink. Applied the eye las glue in a thin line on the sticky side, and after trying to get her settled into a Platz, placed the strip where the ear bends at and applied it holding in place for about 15 sec. I had to apply a second strip for the top portion of the ear, over laping the end of the first strip.

12 hrs later, after sleeping, still are up. and You cant even see the strips/glue. the ear looks naturally up. (strips still attached.) THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!

Breathe Right Strips, $4.62 / Eye Lash Glue, $ 2.52, Ears that stand making my GSD looking awesome and sexy??? PRICELESS.

Lead by example. Integrity is doing what is right even when no one is looking.

J R Marean
Yarest Von Wilhendorf - 11/03/2010
Dame der Gerechtigkeit Vom Haus Juris - 07/2009
Wolke Vom Mattenburcherland - 04/2006-07/2009 RIP (my love)
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Wow, $4.62 for the strips. CVS and Walgreens here = $12.99 no matter what kind you get.

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 PM

Tear Mender and cards.

Just FINALLY got Tear Mender after driving around all over.

I couldn't get it to stick. The stuff I got is real runny and white, but hardens to a latex kinda, as I figured. But no luck.

I had to use the nail glue and they finally stuck.

Am I doing something wrong?

Deebo, Black/Tan 10-21-09
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM

I have also heard skin bond works something like
https://www.parthenoninc.com/store/p...&idproduct=183

Ive asked a few people about tear mender some say it sticks some say it wont stick no matter what so I'm not sure lol.

If you find something that works please let me know I am also thinking of doing something with my girls floppy ears she is 5 1/2 months old.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly View Post
I have also heard skin bond works something like
https://www.parthenoninc.com/store/p...&idproduct=183

Ive asked a few people about tear mender some say it sticks some say it wont stick no matter what so I'm not sure lol.

If you find something that works please let me know I am also thinking of doing something with my girls floppy ears she is 5 1/2 months old.
permatype surgical glue has worked for us for 4 months.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
Ok everyone....I have a question!..?

Besides,..."Tear Mender & Skin Bond".....what other products have you had success with?
I am trying to locate a "tubed" adhesive that is from Germany...and used as a "ear glue"...? I think it is in a yellow colored tube.

ANY information would be appreciated.
We occasionally help people whith "creased ears"....and we've noticed that the "skin bond" brand is not doing as well as before....maybe the formula has changed?.

Thanks in advance,
Robin
UHU! You are talking about UHU Klebstoff.
UHU - Synonym fr Kleben und Klebstoff: UHU
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Knighted Member

I used Perma type surgical glue (human grade). They also sell a remover solvant.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Elite Member

We bought Tear Mender glue and some Dr. Scholl's Mole Foam Padding (NOT Mole Skin or Mole Skin Plus). We cut the foam padding into a large teardrop shape, peeled off the tape and applied the Tear Mender to the sticky side (yes, we put it on the adhesive that came on the padding) then we put a very thin layer of the Tear Mender inside the clean ear and stuck the Mole Foam padding into the ear. It gave the ears support and held the ears up for about 5-6 days before needing to be replaced. We did this for a few weeks, one ear required a bit more that the other but both are finally up.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Okay, I went out to get the breathing right strips and eyelash glue.

It takes quite a while until the glue is hard enough so the strips hold and I had to put more than three into her ears until that one side would stand up by itself but then she was kind of letting it down again and I put some medical tape around the lower part of the ear and now it actually stands up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page