BreatheRight Strips for ears - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:21 PM

Re: BreatheRight Strips for ears

ok, apparently I was having a newbie moment and wasn't posting the pics in right. how about this...here's a pic of maximus with his strips in...hope you can see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

how do you post a picture?
post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Great looking GSD! Try to put the first strip in more vertically . They don't have to go so far to the top of the ear as much as they have to support the contour, or the curve more so than the tip of ears. When the first set comes out they may stand for a bit. As soon as they go down, do it again. He reminds me of my boy. His left ear leaned more when he was relaxed. Not sure but it seems as though I see a lot of GSD's with the left ear down or weak more than the right ear. Getting his attention with a ball and running helps the muscles while the strips are in.

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:32 AM

Cara's ears do stay up at times, usually in the morning when she is outside, wonder does it have anything to do with the cold? Left one is up more than the right. Will try the breathright strips when I get the glue, did'nt think about the plastic being really rigid.

Thorai 14/04/05
Chara 26/09/06
Booda 01/03/03-10/15/08 (we miss u my beautiful boo)
post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Crowned Member

Would it be ok to just use the TM glue since we have it ? Hate to wait on the other to get here. I wil have to go get some breathe-rite strips now. Anyone know 4-sure if this method works ? Do you feel this is the route to go ? I have read so many ways & still haven't tried any , but , I think I need to now to get this 1 ear up for good !

Thanks........

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Crowned Member

You won't know until you try. You can't hurt the ear any, so you don't have anything to lose.

I think since you're only doing one ear that the Breaterite strip method is a good one to start with. The TM glue will work just fine.

Practice with the strip and no glue to get an idea of where you want to position the strip for best "hold." It make take two strips in a V, X, or 11 pattern.

Clean off the inside of the floppy ear, dry it well. Apply the TM glue to the Breatherite strip in a thin line, then apply to the ear and hold for a minute or two.

Good luck.

Tracy
St. Louis, MO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luca says, "Arf!"
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

The TM irritated my guys ears after a few times and the glue is almost impossible to get off of the fur if it does get on it. The Skin Bond is made for human skin and doesn't irritate the dogs ear. I will post a picture of b4 and after if I can figure out how to do it. The TM does not hold it in the ear as long as the Skin Bond does. Make sure you put a thin line in the ear and on the strip, hold for 30-60 seconds. You can certainly use the TM until you get the skin bond. My boy is 11 months old now and I started to do his ears at 8.5 months with the strips, religiously.
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM

Wow! It took 2.5 months to get his ears up? That's so awesome that you were determined and it worked! I hope I'm as lucky.
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Crowned Member

Can you damage the ear itself at at ? I guess I mean, how would you know if the ear is damaged at all due to ruff play or something. If this is the case, can you tell & would the ear ever stand ? I was in a wreck & pup probably it the dash before falling to the floor & not sure if this affected his ear. I'm not sure if his ear got hit , but , it's his left ear & the side of him that would have hit the dash. His ear both were up till the wreck & then the one feel within days of the wreck. I hope to help the ear & get it to stay 4 good ! Any other places on finding the skin bond ? I will use the TM for now.

Thanks

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Crowned Member

Also, then breathe-rite strips are that strong ?

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page