BreatheRight Strips for ears - Page 10 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM

lazy ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Thats really early to tell.
Hes still a young puppy
How do you use the strips or glue them into the ear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie2012 View Post
How do you use the strips or glue them into the ear?
the way i did it was to put the BR strips on top of the moleskin. BR strips as more tear mender glue (wait for glue to get tacky b4 sticking on the mole skin) BR strips go on the inside outer edge of the ear. Depending on how thick the ear is you might have to double up on the BR strips.

Jo
Kitty 10/1990-10/23/08 kitty rip
Koda 1/20/00-10/03/09 gsd rip.
Kassie 6/1/08 kitty
Zorro VomTraumhof-1/3/11-gsd,Ob101,CGC,RN,RA
Ryker 2/20/10-gsd "Poseidon VomTraumhof"
VP5 3-6 mo. confm.VP1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-9 mo.confrm.
AKC S.T.A.R pup,Obed.101, CGC.
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 AM

Good morning! I'm looking at your ear post from 2009, with the moleskin, the purple yard, and the Breathe Rite strips underneath. Did it work out? I'm struggling with a large boned puppy, 6 mo old today, with floppy ears. Looking at lots of options, and yours looks interesting. What ultimately happened with you pup? Thanks!

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 AM

I have a 6 month old whose ears will stand up independently for a few moments several times a day, usually after a nap. This is our 4th GSD and we never had an issue with ears not standing on their own. I feel his ears will eventually stand but my husband is anxious for them to stand now as all of the litter mates ears have been up for quite awhile now so we are trying the BR strips.

My question is can you put too many in and actually make the ear too heavy? Also do you run the risk of changing the natural shape of the ear by placing the strips in the wrong area?
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Elite Member

Dont those strips have some kind of menthol ? im afraid its gonna irritate the ear

Ace Von Backyard 3/12/2014
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 05:50 PM

where exaactly do i put the brethe right strips at in or on the ear, i put them in but she just shakes them out eventually, or i put them on the insides of her ear along the edges, but they either fall out or the ears will still flop, starting to get irritated because they would go up for short periods of time though out the day
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 12:03 AM

I have a 14 week old pup. At 10 weeks his right ear was standing up perfect and the left ear was folding at about half way up.I took him to the vet for his shots and check up, at that time and the vet found that he had a infection in his right. He was treated with ear drops for a week.I took him back to the vet in two weeks and the infection was cleared up . Now the left ear is standing up perfect and the right ear leans to the left now.It stands up but leans over some. At times the right ear stands perfect for a short time.This is my 6th GSD and I've never had a problem with any of my dogs ears till now.Is this common for the ears to do this and do I have anything to worry about? Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page