Dealing With Your GSD's Ears NOT Standing Erect. - Page 25 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1953 View Post
Sokoli, if she had two ears up, most likely they are down now due to teething and will come back up..
Yes she had before.
Thanks, You helped me!
Sokoli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #242 (permalink)

My boy London had HUGE ears when he was a pup. They never went up and I have always felt he was special in his unique goofy way. I love this dog no matter what he ears are doing!

---------------------------------------------
Minerva 9/1994 - 1/2009
Lugar 4/1997 - 2/2009
Olina 4/2009 - 2/2011

London 1/19/2009 -
Emma 8/27/2010 -
London's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #243 (permalink)

I guess I never knew that a GSD's ears never standing was even a possibility. I guess I always assumed they all went up at some point or another.

Our 11 week old has floppy ears and they'll stand sometimes if she tilts her head back slightly. I'd really like them to stand soon because she'd look cute as **** with pricked ears. I know we still have a long way to go before she finishes (or even starts) teething but hopefully she gets those bad boys standing up in the near future.
PorkandBeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #244 (permalink)

Its come to the conclusion that nobody reads the forum, they just post what is going on with them. People, 11 week old puppies are not a big deal yet. If the dog is 1.5 years old, then maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkandBeans View Post
I guess I never knew that a GSD's ears never standing was even a possibility. I guess I always assumed they all went up at some point or another.

Our 11 week old has floppy ears and they'll stand sometimes if she tilts her head back slightly. I'd really like them to stand soon because she'd look cute as **** with pricked ears. I know we still have a long way to go before she finishes (or even starts) teething but hopefully she gets those bad boys standing up in the near future.
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #245 (permalink)

Zara is nearly two. she is a big girl (42kg) and has always had big ears. The rest of her family also have big ears, theirs stood. Hers started to stand but after teething they slowly flopped back down and have stayed flopped since. Every now and then when roughousing with another dog or on alert for whatever reason, one or both will stand erect fro a few minutes but then they gradually and gracefully wilt again.
Honestly, I could care less.It affects my love for her not one iota!
I have noticed over the last few days she is shaking her head and has a little bit of wax in one ear.I clean her ears with a cotton ball once a week or so and now just turn them inside out once a day to aerate,since its summer here and a tad muggy.
To the constant ear questions from complete strangers, I tell them that she puts them up when she wants to , which is absolutely true.
here she is as a baby, 4 or 5 months i think: Play with me | Eye Reports
Here she is one month ago, interested in the ocean: I see the sea! | Eye Reports
and here she is on most days: Where’s Wally? | Eye Reports
gomagoti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #246 (permalink)

That gorgeous boy London looks so much like my dashing, floppy-eared (16 mo. old) Hunter! it was hard for me for a while, with my boy's big 'ole ears not going up. Now, it'd be strange if they did... Hunter is the most amazing dog in the world- regal, intelligent, gentle, loving, strong & yes- goofy! Just like the rest of us in this house. He is family. I love him. I couldn't give a rats-hiney that his ears don't like the breed standard now. Those ears are part of what makes him uniquely him! (:
ediepuig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #247 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Its come to the conclusion that nobody reads the forum, they just post what is going on with them. People, 11 week old puppies are not a big deal yet. If the dog is 1.5 years old, then maybe.
Perhaps the poster read the entire thread but was simply engaging in a bit of wishful thinking. There's nothing wrong with that.

While 11 wk old pups are not a big deal, neither are 1.5 yr old dogs. IF action isn't taken looong before then, in most cases, the ears will never stand. Better to start seeking info at 11 wks than 18 mos when it's usually just too late.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.