German Shepherds Forum banner

Wondering if my German Shepherd Mix ears might stand up???

24K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WNGD 
#1 ·
My German shepherd mix is almost 4 months old and his ears are a little floppy. He's still the cutest thing in the world to me but the not knowing of if his ears will stand is making a anxious. That feeling of just wanting to know haha. We're not sure what his dad is but we were told his mom was a German shepherd. If he's been laying down for a while and then stands up one ear will stay standing for a few seconds and then drop back down. I still love him no matter what but curiosity is kicking in. I'll post pictures of him.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They could .....he looks to be a high percentage of GSD, and the ears are typical in "lift off" position for a pup his age...the will "yo yo" some during teething though, so don't despair!

Lee

#3 ·
Nice pup!!! Is that one of his parents in the background? Keep us posted. Do you know who his parents are for sure? My Whippets' ears looked like that at that age and basically stayed that way. His ears can go anywhere; one of the fun things about a mixed pup.

#4 ·
No that is our other dog. We adopted our GS mix from our local shelter and they didn't see the parents at all. They were only told him and his brother and sister were part German shepherd. I have multiple people tell me he looks like he is mixed with Rottweiler but the only part of him that looks like rott is his color and maybe a little bit of his snout. His brother and sister look nothing like him. I was just curious about his ears and thought I get some input :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.