When to give up - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Banned

Give him a chewable that lasts a long time. Take him out at night a lot because they are more alert at night and use their ears to point towards strange sounds. Make him really use those ears. It's not too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpump View Post
I'm curious if neutering at that age will affect the ear...
Anyone know? Loss of hormones with already weak ears
Good question. It affects bones and growth, not sure if it would have an impact on cartilage.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casto View Post
I would bet, from what you described, the ear will come up on its own. Big frame, teeth are not all the way in, good history. Jupiter (my GSD) is Almost 9 months and had a left ear issue. Teeth started bleeding real bad around 7 months and the next 2 or 3 days later it went up. was a little floppy while running but they are catching up with him finally. Good Luck!
He does have back molars coming in also. I will keep taping and checking every 7 days.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep1978 View Post
My pup is now 29 weeks old
i can't help other than a tip. people don't count in weeks past 8 unless they are a pregnant female. i have no clue what 29 weeks is. sure i can divide but who likes to? nobody.

hope the ear goes up. that's why it took over a year to find my last puppy. i needed a good breeder with pups with ears up and ready to sell at 8 weeks. even my pup before that, half the litter was ears up and half down. i picked the most ambitious/wandered off more with ears up. i could be wrong but it the are up at 8 weeks, they sometimes go down again and back up at teething but you know they'll go back up.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Elite Member

i don't want to hear the "o you picked a dog on looks". yes partially. it was my money i bought what i wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page