Six months - have only ever stood a few minutes at a time - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Six months - have only ever stood a few minutes at a time

Puppy just turned six months. At least 50% GSD, he has the shape, color, personality and angulation of a pure bred.

Each ear might stand up for a few minutes a few times a day. That is the most they have ever stood up - the longest I have seen one ear up was 5-10 minutes. Never both at the same time, except a handful of times when he was running. He has long, skinny ears, a bit wide set.

I feed decent-good food, give him stuff to chew on, massage the ear bases.

BUT. He does get some wax build up, and another GSD he lives with plays with him and mouths his ears sometimes.

My last puppy was 6-7mos when her giant bat ears stood up. I was itching to tape them.

I don't think it is a bad thing if the ears don't stand, but he does look pretty different. So it is something I would prefer but it doesn't matter much further than that. Anything I should be doing to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:28 AM

Yea well I am still hoping my mix will stand up her ears they where almost up with the other pups in the house roughhoused with her and I think messed them up. Still hopeful though.

Personally I like a dog's ears to stand up. 1st of all they can hear better 2nd they seem to have less ear problems. Just my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page