Just about up! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Elite Member

What an adorable pup! My favorite is the tee pee ears.
jcm3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian G View Post
To get the ears to stand up they have to do a lot of chewing. I never recommend rawhide but they really are a good way to make the dog chew and use those jaw and ear muscles to get them stronger. Also try taking her out for night time walks, they are more alert at night and use their ears to point towards a direction of interest.

So true. We make sure that she's got TONS of chew toys when she's outside in our side yard/dog run, and at night we also try to make sure that she's got something new enough that she's not bored with it. She really likes the pork femur bones, will chew then down in no time.

Also, your point about walks is good. We like to take the dogs to a local school and put the 40' lead on her and let the kids and the dogs just run and run an run. They seem to perk up when they run, so between those things and good food, I know they'll come back up when she's done teething.

I thought they were up for good though! Maybe next time.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Back up. Ha ha

She's just over 5 months old (about 23 weeks), and they are just coming back up now in what is hopefully the last time. One has been tall and proud for a number of weeks now, but the other has been pretty floppy and occasionally up. She's lost a few baby teeth the last few weeks, and seems to have most of her adult teeth in. I'm not sure if they are all in, but there are quite a few adult teeth in now.

I'm posting this just to show the timelines with my puppy, as others will be different.

Here's a picture from last night, it's all good!
Deb and CindyMDBecker like this.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Deb
Knighted Member

She' very pretty!
jcm3 likes this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
She' very pretty!

Thank you, I smile when I look at her. There's something so neat about a big (eventually), powerful dog who is also so sweet and affectionate.

We all love our sweet dogs, don't we?
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

It's funny, in looking at the pictures, she looksso much younger in the recent pic with the floppy ears than in the pic beforeor after.

Odd…
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

She's beautiful ... and I love that terrier, too!

Garrison - GSD
Cupid - terrier mix (shelter rescue)
Stella Artois - lab/boxer (?) mix (shelter rescue)
4 kitties, 1 goldfish, 1 cockatiel
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 AM

great dog

what's the weight at 5m mark?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan_GSD View Post
great dog

what's the weight at 5m mark?

Shoot, I'm trying to remember. I think the last time I weighed her she was around 43lb, if I remember correctly. I don't remember exactly when that was, but it was probably sometime around the 5 month mark.

I can weigh her when I get home and post that up. She's starting to get big enough that she gets really wiggly when I hold her and step on a scale.

I'm amazed at how quickly they go from looking like a puppy to looking like a miniature version of a big dog. That might sound silly, but lots of dogs have more of a middle stage, and GSD's seem like they go from a puppy to looking like a small full grown dog really quickly. I love it.

CindyMDBecker, I think she frustrates our other dog. lol Not in a bad way, but the way a puppy bugs an older dog that doesn't want to play all of the time. As they are getting to know each other and as she gets older and slows down just a little bit, I think it's helping their relationship.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post

I can weigh her when I get home and post that up. She's starting to get big enough that she gets really wiggly when I hold her and step on a scale.

I'm amazed at how quickly they go from looking like a puppy to looking like a miniature version of a big dog. That might sound silly, but lots of dogs have more of a middle stage, and GSD's seem like they go from a puppy to looking like a small full grown dog really quickly. I love it.
nono you dont have to do that. unless you want to find out for your records

yes they do grow fast. i have a 5m old too and i anticipated that he will transform into an adult in a blink of an eye so i purchased a good camcorder before i even brought the puppy home

whenever i play the tapes of just couple months before, it amazes me how much he's changed. you dont really feel that since you always see your dog grow in front of you but when you see pictures or videos, it's an eye opener

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page