When and if to tape my puppy's ears? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default When and if to tape my puppy's ears?

Optimus (my pup) is 9 weeks old. His ears are up right, but the top half of them are floppy, and somewhat lean down. When should I start to tape his ears?
chelsmlm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not for a long time. If the bases are strong and it's just the tips, then most likely they will go up on their own. You have plenty of time.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ohhh you have a BABY, don't worry! Ears can stand up as late as 11mos! Although not common to have to wait that long, most often they stay erect around the 4mos to 7mos age after teething. Some pups ears go up and stay up, others play peek a boo and bounce up and down for awhile.. Definitely wouldn't worry, but sure would like to see pix
Hineni7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok! Just checking! I see online where people do it too late so I wanted to be sure! In these angles they look perfect, But the top half are still floppy. He's an active lil thing so I can't ever seem to get any pics that aren't blurry! Just took these
Attached Thumbnails
When and if to tape my puppy's ears?-image_1418181745979.jpg   When and if to tape my puppy's ears?-image_1418181766871.jpg  
chelsmlm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

My dogs ears went up at literally 2 days after we've gotten her, which was 7 weeks and they never went down. Has anyone else experienced this??

Last edited by Bella67; 12-09-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Bella67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsmlm View Post
Ok! Just checking! I see online where people do it too late so I wanted to be sure! In these angles they look perfect, But the top half are still floppy. He's an active lil thing so I can't ever seem to get any pics that aren't blurry! Just took these

Those bases look nice and strong. You should be just fine. Don't panic if they flop around a bit, fall down and teepee in. It happens.

I remember with my two boys, I was obsessed about their ears. Despite my assurances to you, I went through the same fear. But they came up. It is such a big part of the GSD look. But in the end, we love them no matter what.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.