German Shepherds Forum banner

Getting worried

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mac's Mom 
#1 ·
Kali is just a few days shy of 6 months.

Her adoption papers from the shelter say German Shepherd/Alaskan Husky

We've never seen them up....just weird flops to the side or back.

I've been told she has big ears so they may take longer.

I've also been told she looks more German Shepherd/Beagle

See less See more
#3 ·
hmmm huskies and GSD both have upright ears, with the huskies being up from birth. I'd be more inclined to believe the Beagle mix. Could be the angle of the photo but she doesn't seem to be very tall or have the typically longer legs of a GSD.

Have you tried taping/gluing/propping up her ears yet?

#6 ·
Why don't you leave them alone and accept her for who she is? You cannot turn a pear into an apple. It doesn't look they will ever stand. She is a beautiful pup. If she does have Beagle (showing in her behavior) in her, work hard in attention for you, keeping her tethered to you for episodes in the day and rewarding her for leaving her nose of the ground while working with her. I don't see any Husky in her.
The advice I got in the way past from a trainer was actually this: "If you want a GSD, get a GSD and not a GSD mix, because you'd be always looking at the GSDs."
It always stuck and it helped me in making decisions on what dog/breed to go for.
Wishing you a good life with her.

#7 ·
Alaskan huskies are different than Siberian huskies. Often their ears don't stand.

From those pics I don't think they are going to stand.

she sure is a super cute pup!!!!! I think she looks great with them floppy!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#8 ·
When I saw the title "getting worried" I assumed your dog had a health or behavior issues. Imagine my relief when I found that obviously there are no issues with her otherwise you wouldn't be worried about her ears standing up. :) She's beautiful...count your blessings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.