Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #81 (permalink)

I've heard that you've seen your pup's ears up at some point, not to worry if they flop back down. If they go up once, they'll go up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Jovi_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #82 (permalink)

My male just turned 10 months old a couple of days ago. His ears look exactly the same as yours. I live in west Texas and they will go with which ever way the wind is blowing. I've read that the grand sire of my pup actually produces weak eared pups although he was considered the best in german show lines just a few years ago.
I left his ears alone for the past week to let them stand up and see what they will do on their on. They're up probably about 20% of the time. They stand perfectly when he runs, but usually come back down a few minutes later into the flying nun position. They were up before teething, so I hope they will come back up on their own! They are very tall and thin ears. I taped them again today just to assist them. The crease is beginning to set in his ears the wrong way.
On a positive note I have had another male who's ears didn't stand until almost 10 months, so I know it is possible!
This was before teething!
Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion-imageuploadedbypg-free1357015011.646866.jpg
And this is now!
Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion-imageuploadedbypg-free1357015091.292629.jpg
This was the other male who ears stood at 10 months!
Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion-imageuploadedbypg-free1357015191.490530.jpg
His ears were much worse than either one of our pups!

VanBuren shepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #83 (permalink)
Master Member

He is handsome and I'm sure they will go up!

julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
He is handsome and I'm sure they will go up!

Thank you! I'm positive yours will also!

VanBuren shepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #85 (permalink)

If you're still feeding your dog, Royal Canin, you should change it. It really is a poor quality dog food. Just because there's a picture of a GSD on the bag doesn't make it a good food. I think Carmen was completely accurate with her original diagnosis. Besides being wary of vets, you shouldn't completely trust pet food stores. I think they all have corporate deals with the dog food companies so they have to really market (sell) these dog foods, even subpar ones.

Ask on the forum. I believe in less or no grains and no corn. If there's any corn (including corn gluten), pass on that food and consider another one.

Raw is best, imho, but the next best alternative is a kibble with decent ingredients.
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #86 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
If you're still feeding your dog, Royal Canin, you should change it. It really is a poor quality dog food. Just because there's a picture of a GSD on the bag doesn't make it a good food. I think Carmen was completely accurate with her original diagnosis. Besides being wary of vets, you shouldn't completely trust pet food stores. I think they all have corporate deals with the dog food companies so they have to really market (sell) these dog foods, even subpar ones.

Ask on the forum. I believe in less or no grains and no corn. If there's any corn (including corn gluten), pass on that food and consider another one.

Raw is best, imho, but the next best alternative is a kibble with decent ingredients.
I switched her to to Blue Buffello LBP thank you for your concern
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
I switched her to to Blue Buffello LBP thank you for your concern
Did you look at this site before?

What we DONT carry, and why

I think even though it's a pet store site, it's probably one of the best I've come across.

I would look at the 'what we carry' section and choose one on that list that is available at your (local) pet store(s).

I was buying crappy brands for a while and even though I thought I found a decent one (Natural Balance), the brand looks like it's had recalls, too. I haven't found the one I get (Small Breed/Small kibble) on the list, though. Knock on wood. But, the brands that store carries sound like a much safer choice. My problem is my dog has health issues and prefers a smaller kibble (I think). I'm going to look at one of those for the next time I buy dog food.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. It can't hurt to have a more quality food. It might not get the ears to stand up but I think it would help with overall health for the long term and who knows, it could contribute to stronger structure.
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #88 (permalink)
Master Member

On our walk today
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
x11
Banned

cuuuuute :-)
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #90 (permalink)
Master Member

One year old now, ears are up most of the time such a gorgeous lady she is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.