Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
How about leaving these young bodies alone as much as possible? No neuter, spay or over vaccinations until they are fully grown?
It is easy to say to not care but it is a bummer when they don't get up. I know it doesn't change the dog's personality but a great part of the beauty of a GSD are the ears. They make the dog look regal. Ever seen the Farside cartoon about domestication of the wolf?
I am always sorry for owners of a GSD if the ears don't get up.
I have a sight hound with erect ears , so the opposite problem. He is 11 years old now and I still notice it but wouldn't trade him for the world.
100% agree with you, everything the vet does ruins our dogs, they don't help. I come from Russia in a small village, we had our local vet there, but we would NEVER spay animals and NEVER give vaccines, and guess what? They were always healthy, my childhood dog just died 2 years ago, he lived to be 17 years old and never seen a vet in his lifetime, he was fed human food, we were poor back there so what we had he would have as well, and he was SO HEALTHY. All the toxins from dog food and the vet office just do more harm then good! Oh and by the way it was very common to have GSD as guard dog back there, and none of them had the normal genetic issues they usually have in USA or UK and so on... forget hip displsia forget DM, and forget kidney problems.. none of them existed back there...just thought I would mention it
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
oh , you can spay , just wait until the body has fully matured
I wish I discovered this forum BEFORE I got my dog. The morning I called the vet to schedule the spay she was 5 months old and they said to do it asap before her first heat cycle. Also our state requires each dog owner to have a dog license before 4 months of age that includes her rabies, and they must be spayed or their fees are 10 times more expenssive to license them. I wish I didn't listen to the vet, I learned a lot more from these forums form helful folks here then I learned from vets, I will never take advice from vet again, I will research and ask on this forum, people here a lot more trustworthy then the vet.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #73 (permalink)

Here is a great link: http://texasworkingshepherds.com/my-...shepherd-ears/

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
VanBuren shepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #74 (permalink)
Master Member

Its been 7 days after taping, I removed the glue/tape 10 minutes ago I think the picture speaks for itself I am so relieved they are standing I'll wait a few more days to take new pictures for everyone to see just to make sure they are still standing I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
Master Member

congratulations!!

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...tml?id=1339525
hattifattener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #76 (permalink)

They look great, but don't get disappointed if they begin to get weak again after a day or so. Just keep doing it and eventually it will work. It could take months, but it will be worth it in the end. I hope they stay this time. I've been working on my eight month old for over a month. They look great for a couple of hours when the glue comes out. Then he goes and plays with my female and they begin to get weak again. He has taller ears like yours does, so it will take longer. When they drop they look exactly like your GSD.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #77 (permalink)
Master Member

Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion-imageuploadedbypg-free1355308909.376308.jpg

One up most of the time, the other one still flops, well its better than before which is completely floppy.. will be retaping tomorrow

Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #78 (permalink)

Keep it up. Looking great!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #79 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBuren shepherds View Post
Keep it up. Looking great!

Thank you I'm trying ))

Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #80 (permalink)
Master Member

She just turned 8 months, I didn't retape again, kept putting it off until the ears started getting up on their own She picks both of them up when she is asleep, and the rest of the day she picks up one or the other

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.