Please take a look at my pictures and tell me your opinion - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master Member

And this is her standing when her ears were glued without breathe strips just tear mender glue. This is about 3 weeks ago, just thought I would post it for comparison.
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Spaying and teething and maybe even vaccines(?) have an effect on their immune system. Did she get her rabies shot at the time of her spay surgery? If so, that could have an extra impact.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #63 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
I don't want to let her ears just do their thing, why? Because she is going to be 7 months old on 11/26 what should I wait for? It doesn't hurt her to have her ears taped/glued. Im afraid if I wait they won't ever be up again and then she will be floppy GSD all her life, my goal was to find out from other members here based on my pictures to see if her ears are they way they are now if they will ever be up on their own.

And Carmen started saying that her paw is shaved does that mean I torchure my dog? And dog doesn't have ANY muscle? Seriously Carmen you are a breeder and you say she has NO muscle? Did she not see my pictures what is her definition of "musculant" dog....I really don't want to make this into a drama thread so lets just leave it at that. I dont mean to be rude to anyone and please lets just move on. Carmen, thank you for your concern about nutrition I understand that it is very important because it affects her whole health and her life span not just her ears.

.. just leave the ears alone. If they don't go up it's not the end of the world. Worse things have happened. **** happens, you deal with it. Doesnt make her any less of a dog because of it.

The more you mess with the ears and touch them, yes, the more you HARM them. Ears may not go up until AFTER a year. I've seen it happen. Let nature do its thing and don't meddle with it or you may do more damage than good. It's like fixing a computer you know nothing about, then it doesn't turn on afterwards.. you just ruin a good thing.

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
Crowned Member

okay , she has a nice tight dry type build -- could stand a little more weight through muscle - in the sitting picture her prosternum was protruding so I wanted to see her standing to see how much tuck she has -- not bad .
In the sitting picture she looks like a 1960's retro Pierette Eden - remember the craze for the huge eyes - like so Vintage Eden Pierette Print | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The muzzle is large and so is the eye making the face look gaunt.

Seriously though I wouldn't muck around with the ears . they were up , they should come up again. Cartilage in the ear can be damaged . Nice pup !
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #65 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
Spaying and teething and maybe even vaccines(?) have an effect on their immune system. Did she get her rabies shot at the time of her spay surgery? If so, that could have an extra impact.
She got her rabies when she was 3 months old, she didn't receive any vaccines. Her ears were almost up on their own until the spay. After they spay they gave up.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
Crowned Member

3 months seems very early for rabies ,
the spay , at a prime growth period , was an assault on her body , let her recover , give her what she needs to do so.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #67 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
okay , she has a nice tight dry type build -- could stand a little more weight through muscle - in the sitting picture her prosternum was protruding so I wanted to see her standing to see how much tuck she has -- not bad .
In the sitting picture she looks like a 1960's retro Pierette Eden - remember the craze for the huge eyes - like so Vintage Eden Pierette Print | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The muzzle is large and so is the eye making the face look gaunt.

Seriously though I wouldn't muck around with the ears . they were up , they should come up again. Cartilage in the ear can be damaged . Nice pup !
Yes, I figured thats why you wanted to see her standing up We were just at the vet 3 days ago, and she said her weight is perfect for her size, she is just on the smaller size for GSD. She is 44 pounds and you can't see her ribs but you can feel them and you can see her waistline. I actually noticed lately she seemed a bit skinny to me thats why I asked the vet that question, she is also blowing her coat so that makes her appear even more skinny, I was thinking she was going bald with all the fur coming off her I also switched her food to Blue Buffelo Wilderness I still mix it with Royal Canin until her poop firms up a bit its been a week so far. I will try taping again soon because that was the most effective for her even though she took it off the next day there was a lot more difference than from gluing. I can't let it go I need her ears up, thanks for your advice Carmen
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
Knighted Member

How about leaving these young bodies alone as much as possible? No neuter, spay or over vaccinations until they are fully grown?
It is easy to say to not care but it is a bummer when they don't get up. I know it doesn't change the dog's personality but a great part of the beauty of a GSD are the ears. They make the dog look regal. Ever seen the Farside cartoon about domestication of the wolf?
I am always sorry for owners of a GSD if the ears don't get up.
I have a sight hound with erect ears , so the opposite problem. He is 11 years old now and I still notice it but wouldn't trade him for the world.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #69 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
3 months seems very early for rabies ,
the spay , at a prime growth period , was an assault on her body , let her recover , give her what she needs to do so.
Yes, poor dog. She is my first personal dog and I will never spay again...I don't get how removing body parts suppose to make them healthier..they say it prevents certain cancers but then again it increases chancer for other diseases...why do it at all... I will deal with her heat cycles and behavior issues but I will never let them spay another dog of mine... but thats already another topic.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #70 (permalink)
Crowned Member

oh , you can spay , just wait until the body has fully matured
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.