18 weeks, should I be worried - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

I really don't see the need to worry just yet. All dogs teeth at a different age. Mine started teething at around 15 weeks and his didn't start to stand until about 17 weeks. If they are up once they will probably come up again. I'd worry at 5.5-6 months. Add some cottage cheese to your pups food (1 tablespopon a meal) for extra calcium that the teeth are using up.
Espo4442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

Your dog is..gorgeous!
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Puppies start teething at about 16-18 weeks....the ears come down and play yo yo......make sure he has some calcium in his diet, give him raw marrow bones to chew on and exercise his gums and jaw/face muscles....if the ears were up before teething, they will come back up after teething.....

Lee

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

They were up before so fingers crossed.

6months today and sometimes up sometimes down. I took both these pictures today...
Does the cottage cheese thing work ? ?

I DONT want to glue or tape so if they are defo not going to up then what will be will be, would like to try as much to help them though without the glueing or taping as I wold LIKE to show him, its not a must though.
Logansmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

I personally would not worry about it. I know it's hard, I went threw the same thing with mine. She just turned 7 month's and her right ear is just now staying up without flopping. I'll post a couple pictures so you can see.
5 months

6 months.

6.5 months

7 months. Her ear is now up pretty much all the time, with the ocassional dropping

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for the reassurance. I worry lots, he goes to ringcraft though and the trainer there says don't mess with it atm as he is still teething and it goes up when he plays and was up before... someone taped a dog of theirs and the ear has a bend in it at the tip now.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ya it's really hard not to. I was worried about Dixie's ear's, than started taking pictures of her every couple days to see if her ear was moving up any lol. The whole month she was 6 months her ear would fall and stand, and she was completly done with teething. Than she turned 7 months and it's up pretty much all the time lol. GSD ears are weird His ear will most likely come up when he's done teething. You have a very handsome boy there btw!

Dixie-Born 06-04-12
DixieGSD is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks, still not staying up and only up at times then it seems to flop over. Still teething though...
Old 01-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default 18 weeks, should I be worried

He will get his ear up. my puppy was like that when I got him at 8 wks old and one morning it was up for a second he got his up around 3 months old but my friend gsd it took his dog around a year I don't believe in taping and other things they do he is a beautiful dog

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Raffilr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

I doubt I will tape, if it doesn't go up it's fine, I was going to show him but just for fun, never done it before so it's not a loss if I can't. Had he turned out a good example of the breed when older and passed all relevant hip/elbow/hypo tests I would have possibly bred him with a suitable female ( once I got endorsement lifted) as would like another pup in future and pref one of his but again, no loss if I can't do that, i'll just buy another pup when the time is right from a good breeder and I know a fair few now so all is good

First and foremost he is my pet, they probably will go up, as the floppy one goes up at times, I just worry.

Been told not to tape or anything anyways by the people at his training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.