We took home our GSD at 6 months old after his original owner neglected him and.then gave him back to the breeder. His ears were not up. We worked with inserts and fabric glue for months and began to see real progress around 11 months old. By 13 months old.they were up for good! He only lived to 2 1/2 yrs old due.to other health issues, but no one would have ever thought his ears hadn't always been up
The breeder gave us insers from her contact in.Germany, don:t know the brand etc
When we needed to replace.them we took Dr Scholls shoe inserts and cut them to the shape of Niko's inside of the ear. they did't work quite as well, they weren't quite as rigid, but close, and they did work.
That is great news. I have had inserts in Nala's ears for close to two months now. Left ear fell out the other day and her ear is still totally flopped. She kind of chewed it up after it came out so its worthless now . I kind of am ready to give up.