8/9/10+ Weeks old and ears are not up... - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleisx View Post
i have a german shepherd when my girl was 1.5 months old she have 1 ear full erected and 1 down, now she is 4 months old and have both ears low flopped.... what's up with my puppy
It is called the ear dance. Mine went all over the place

then

then

then

then

Dogs Teach Us Unconditional Love

Bindi - GSD (standard coat)- High School
Jingles Bell Doyle - (12/1993 - 08/2004)
Binky - my Long Standard Coat GSD dog (1999-2009)
Romeo Br - Long Hair GSD
Bella Biscuit - GSD mix Rescue born 4/1/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

So I shouldn't worry yet that my 11-12 wk old pup's ears are down still? I've read about gluing the ears at around 4 1/2 months old if they aren't up. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
post #33 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Odin View Post
So I shouldn't worry yet that my 11-12 wk old pup's ears are down still? I've read about gluing the ears at around 4 1/2 months old if they aren't up. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
Isn't your puppy a mixed breed? His ears may or may not stand up, depending on his genetics. I certainly wouldn't worry about it at 12 weeks old. As others have said, they'll be up and down until he's done teething. If they look like they're trying to stand and just need a little help, you could try taping but if they're floppy because your dog has some floppy-eared breed in his background, no amount of taping will cause them to stand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 4 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM

post #34 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Yeah, that makes since. Well if they look like they want to stand I will consider it.
post #35 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 PM

I heard from a breeder that a good way to get your puppies ears up is to give them frozen bones. Lots of chewing working the jaw muzzles will help create strong ear muscles.
You may want to give it a try.
post #36 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM

8/9/10+ Weeks old and ears are not up...-img_7137-version-2.jpgVegas,
Loved your photos. My little Isa is now almost 11weeks and looks so much like your dog. Today her ears were both up for first time (of course they were, she has a yeast infection and they look so red and everyone commented on it!)
post #37 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 AM

I heard that their ears will go up when they are comfortable with their new home. I think it's normal for their ears to go up and down, look like a triangle on the top of their head, one up one flopping. that's all part of the fun times with your puppy. Take lots of pix of those ears. I was told to not play with their ears until they are more mature.
post #38 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 AM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liko and xavian's Mom View Post
I heard that their ears will go up when they are comfortable with their new home.
That is not true.

-Debbie-

post #39 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 AM

Aww! I missed the cute floppy-ear phase, Josh's ears were up at 5 weeks when we first saw him, down at 7 weeks, up at 8 weeks, one down at 9 weeks then both up for good after that. I would have loved to see the teepee phase and the comb over, too cute!

Judy

Josh (GSD)- 8/10/10
Daisy (ragdoll cat) 10 yrs old
Romeo (ragdoll cat) 9 yrs old
Caspurr (ragdoll/snowshoe mix) 8 yrs old
post #40 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Master Member

Odita Cilberg Europe,Latvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh's mom View Post
Aww! I missed the cute floppy-ear phase, Josh's ears were up at 5 weeks when we first saw him, down at 7 weeks, up at 8 weeks, one down at 9 weeks then both up for good after that. I would have loved to see the teepee phase and the comb over, too cute!

hello,did you mean this phase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page