German Shepherds Forum banner

MARS Pet&Food Co Law Suit Depositions-Scary

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Magwart 
#1 ·
"thanks to three brave whistleblowers. Three witnesses have stepped forward – providing TruthhaboutPetFood.com their depositions from the Boyd v. Mars Petcare lawsuit.
These depositions disclose numerous significant safety concerns of pet food manufacturing, unimaginable disrespect of employees, unimaginable disregard of public safety, and outright violations of law (ignored by all authorities involved).

As you read excerpts from these depositions, consider that NO regulatory authority did anything to prevent employees from being poisoned by pesticides, and NO regulatory authority did anything to ensure law was being abided by. Also consider that these conditions – as explained in these depositions – could very well effect your pet’s food…could very well effect your own food – because law is rarely enforced. Until all regulatory authorities do their job – we are all at serious risk."

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/poisoned/

OR

Go to Google and type in: poisoned - truth about pet food

Excerpt: Nathan Lowe was hired as a welder and general maintenance employee for KAMO Grain.
Q. In paragraph 6 of your affidavit you describe a process where KAMO, under the direction of Rick and Brice, would mix trash grain with high-quality grain. Tell me about that process. How did it work?
A. They’d tell me what bin to pull it out of, what truck to put it on, from what railcar to put it on. And we just put good grain in the bottom. And we had slopes – slopes in the middle. And we put the good grain in the middle and bad grain on the slopes. It was just like layers. Mix it in, hide it.
Q. Now did either Rick or Brice tell you that you were doing this in order to disguise the use of trash grain?
A. Yes.
Q. Who told you that?
A. Both of them.
Q. What did they say?
A. Exactly what you just said, that we tried to get rid of it, hide it."

MARS manufactures MANY things:

Pet Food:
Our top brands now include, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, NUTRO®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES™.

Candy/Gum:
3 Musketeers · 5 · Big Red · Doublemint · Dove/Galaxy · Eclipse · Extra · Freedent · Hubba Bubba · Juicy Fruit · Life Savers · M&M's · Mars · Milky Way · Orbit · · Skittles · Snickers · Starburst · Spearmint · Twix · · Winterfresh ·Altoids

Rice
UNCLE BEN’S®

Drinks
Our single-serve range includes ALTERRA® Coffee Roasters coffees, THE BRIGHT TEA CO.® teas and DOVE® Hot Chocolate.

Moms :eek:

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Susan is doing really, really good work over at TaPF. I worry about her sometimes with the fights she picks, but she's fearless.

If anyone wants to read these depos, I'd download them ASAP. They will very likely use legal maneuvers to try to get them taken down. That's all I'm going to say about that, but I kind of expect they may not be there forever, though I hope she wins, if there's a court fight over it.

The really shady thing here is that RC makes vet RX diets -- including diets for kidney and liver compromised dogs....fragile dogs who can least afford a toxin load. If you see those RC RX diets in your vet's lobby, be sure your vet knows about this! Good vets will care.

The food supply is becoming more and more concerning -- human and pet. Even organic labels are becoming diluted with fraud. This news is infuriating, if you are an organic consumer:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-know-whether-organic-food-is-really-organic/

#6 ·
Well WOW! I just spent an hour reading info from several sources. This is scary stuff. I guess it shouldn't really surprise me but still it does. The world is a tough, rough and nasty place. Companies making billions of dollars do not give a crap about right, wrong, people or anything else, let alone your dog. I wish there was more we could do.

#7 · (Edited)
Sunlight is the best disinfectant for corruption of all kinds. This is why transparency and verification has to be demanded from all food processing companies - even the little ones in the holistic market niche (Evanger's proves that...):
-where do they source from?
-where do they manufacture? (if they use a co-packer, name it)
-what pre- and post-production quality assurance are they doing?
-what third-party verifications of quality are they paying for? (if we're relying on government regulators, then that's probably the same as NO verification)

If you're doing the right thing, you don't have to be secretive.

Frankly, this is needed in the human food production chain too. The implication of these nasty practices affecting the human-food meat production industry is really ugly. You can't even buy raw food safely if the chicken you're buying at the supermarket is full of that crap -- not to mention you might be cooking that same chicken up for yourself too.

One idea for those wanting to get off the corporate food production train, at least as far as your produce purchasing goes (for humans and home-cooking for pets):

If you don't buy your own produce from a CSA yet, try to find one! (CSA means "community supported agriculture.") It took me years to find a good one in Louisiana, but even in the Deep South, they now exist. You aren't just buying local, you are buying from a farmer you know, who has a name. The small farmer gets a better price cutting out the wholesalers. You get better produce that was picked hours before you get it. My CSA kept a small, organic farmer in my community in business when an ill-timed freeze destroyed a lot of his young crop this year. He didn't have to go into debt or sell off land to stay afloat because the pre-season CSA subscription money came in to fund re-planting. Most require pre-paying for a "share" of the season -- whatever they grow, you get, so it's the farmer's choice. Then you get a big bag or box of everything that's ready to harvest that week. It's $25-30/week typically. You know your farmer--he's feeding his own kids the same crops he's sending you! For a small upcharge, they'll often add on eggs from yard chickens (who peck and forage outdoors like chickens ought to), and fresh milk or cheese (from cows they personally raise), or maybe humanely raised meat (sometimes sourced from a neighbor farm). You'll eat more produce because you have to get creative figuring out what to do with all those greens and root veggies that show up week after week. It's win, win, win (you, the farmer, the environment). Localharvest.org is a good way to find one -- they sometimes have waiting lists, but get on that list. It's a very small step of resistance to all the graft and deception in food production, but one that's at least an action that's doable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.