American Journey - Chewy Brand Dog food? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

American Journey - Chewy Brand Dog food?

Just received an email from Chewy offering 50% bags on a new brand, American Journey.

Some googling revealed that they own the trademark...I hope their food is as good as their customer service!

Here's the salmon formula:

Quote:
Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Blueberries, Carrots, Salt, Salmon Oil, Dried Kelp, Fructooligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Preservative), Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:04 PM

very interesting! I wonder how long they've been producing food and would love to hear more about it
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:29 AM

My mom works at chewy. It's been in development for a while but they just put it on the market. They plan to come out with a cat food as well eventually

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Crowned Member

The ingredients are only half the story.

The other half is who's really manufacturing the food. Since they are not likely to have purchased or built a plant, this is probably a private label food that is being manufactured for them. The question is: by whom?

Colleen, can your mom divulge that info?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I asked their CS in a round-about way but didn't get an answer. Not sure if the rep was unsure or if they have restrictions on discussing it. Maybe Colleen can clear it up, or maybe someone else with a little more moxie can ask. Chewy has been great to work with so I felt a little guilty asking for too much info.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Crowned Member

Don't feel guilty! If a company isn't transparent about it, that's actually a red flag. They should be very proud of the manufacturer they've partnered with, if they've picked a good one. Any company that hides that or makes it hard to get the info damages their own credibility, as far as I'm concerned.

Feel free to ask their CS directly. There are some manufacturers with terrible recall histories, and you should be able to rule out the chance that they've partnered with one of them.

If CS doesn't know the answer, ask them to research it and call them back -- if they're as good as you think they are, they'll do it. The last time I had a question for Fromm that their phone people couldn't answer, the #2 guy in the company called me back the same day with an answer -- that is how transparent companies treat their customers.

Last edited by Magwart; 02-17-2017 at 09:51 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Update

I did a bit more chatting with CS and cleared up some miscommunication on both of our parts.

What I got is this:

Chewy dog/cat food is being produced in private facility owned and operated by the company in Kansas.

The rep is going to email me if there are other brands being made there.
jaudlee likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 09:16 PM

@Dotbat215 are you going to get some samples to try?

Ghost - our first WGSD, parvo survivor, 9/30/16
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM

I'm interested in hearing from anyone tat tries this food. The ingredients seem pretty good.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:36 PM

I emailed chewy and these was there response
Thanks so much for reaching out. American Journey is manufactured through a third-party facility so any information such as their name, for example, belongs solely to them. We're unable to share the facility's name due to their independent ownership.

If there is anything else we can do to help, just let us know-- we?re here 24/7 to lend a helping paw!

So personally I won't be jumping to switching to their food until there's a little more info to the public. I've got some mixed feelings about them. I've never had a problem with them their customer service is super nice and always will to do anything to fix the problem but this makes me a little concerned why they wouldn't want to share the third party's name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page