German Shepherds Forum banner

Zuccini

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  voodoolamb 
#1 ·
I apologize for posting this, I did search, and seen a ton of different posts,but they did not answer my question.

My Shep is addicted to zucchini. It's like heroin to him. When I have some in the house, he's non-stop hounding me until it's all gone. He eats it raw, whether I give him a 1/2, or toss slices.

As far as I can tell, it's like cucumbers, no long term affects from eating zucchini, at least from Dr Google, just wanted to get a second opinion from fellow gsd owners.

Thanks! :smile2:

#4 ·
Agree with Carmen.

What kibble are you feeding?

Zucchini is a good source of essential nutrients like vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B-6 and vitamin K.

To add nutrients to your dogs diet, you may want to consider the Feed Sentials products (purchased from the Dogs Naturally Magazine Store).

Feed Sentials K9: This is a "WHOLE Food" multi vitamin (meaning ground up REAL ingredients not processed or synthetic vitamins) that I use, which would contain all of the above nutrients plus a host of others!

Ingredients: Carob powder, ground sunflower seed, dried parsley leaf, kelp flakes, alfalfa greens, ground, almond, hulled oil rich hemp seeds, hemp seed flour, dried red and green pepper, dry celery leaf, dried blueberry, dried cranberry, dry dandelion leaf, ground pumpkin seed, powdered carrot, stinging nettle, barley grass powder, dried mint leaf, powdered rosehip, paprika, burdock root powder, garlic powder, sesame seed, digestive enzyme blend (protease, lipase, cellulase, amylase), glucosamine, MSM, dried dill weed, coriander, anise, fennel, goat milk whey powder, powdered marshmallow root, blue Hawaii spirulina, rosemary, oregano, ginger, cumin, marjoram, thyme, savoury, basil, sage, cayenne, powdered yucca, fenugreek, bilberry Feed-Sentials Nutritional Supplement

You may also want to add Sh-emp Oil: SH-EMP OIL Nutritional oil
A blend of deep cold-water herring oil, organically grown cold pressed hemp seed oil, organically grown hand pressed extra virgin coconut oil.
The herring oil is a source of brain enhancing DHA/EPA, which can be converted by the body into Omega 3. Hemp oil is a source of Omega 6, 3, 9 and GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid). The virgin coconut oil found in Sh-Emp is a medium chain triglyceride rich in lauric acid. It provides both nutrient and functional value.

Moms:)

#6 · (Edited)
Or maybe he just really likes zucchini.

My guy is like that about mangos. He goes craaaazy for mangos. I bring some home from the super market and his entire world becomes about how to get mango into his tummy. He sits infront of the refrigerator and stares at it. Willing it to open with his mind to reveal the precious mango treasure within. He screams, literally screams with excitement as I cut one up. I have seen this dog eat around chunks of raw beef to get that sweet sweet mango fix.

No nutritional deficiencies. He just... likes mangos.

Zucchini is a healthy treat. There are some benefits for zucchini especially If your boy is intact I would indulge in his zucchini fetish. Studies have shown phytonutrients from the squash family may be beneficial for prostate health :)

May I suggest you purchase a spiralizer and make zucchini noodles? It may prove entertaining to watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.