German Shepherds Forum banner

Raw Goat's Milk

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  carmspack 
#1 ·
Where do you stand on feeding your dog raw goat's milk? Is anyone doing this? I am just starting my research on it and it looks like there are a ton of good benefits from it, however, the whole idea on unpasteurized milk is a bit frightening to me. Can you get the same benefits from pasteurized goats milk? If so, is canned better or worse?

#2 ·
My dog loves his goat milk. I don't really measure it. I just splash it over his food occasionally. He has had unpasteurized and pasteurized, and I don't think I've noticed any difference.

For canned, I would keep an eye out for extra salts and sugars.

#8 ·
Raw goat's milk is especially good for pets if soured--allowed to curdle at room temperature. Only unpasteurized milk will sour; pasteurized milk will spoil if left out.

If the milking practices are sanitary, it's unlikely that disease-causing pathogens will be in the milk. But even if there were, those bugs doesn't normally make dogs sick.

#10 ·
I am currently giving my two dogs Answers Raw Goats Milk for Dogs and they both love it. It's supposed to be very good for dogs with a load of probiotics. The only thing is it's a little pricey for me at $10.00 per quart, however, where I purchase it they have this thing that if you buy 10, you get the next one free, which is a great incentive.

answerspetfood.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.