German Shepherds Forum banner

Good Kibble

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Springbrz 
#1 ·
Just last week I took in a 6 month old shepherd who has been on 9 cups a day of Purina garbage. I went to my local petsmart this morning researching good food. I have a friend who has his on Eukanuba. That didn't look to bad but was starting to lean towards the blue buffalo. What is the difference between the wilderness and the other products by blue?

Do I feed the large breed puppy or just the regular large breed? Or is there any other good kibble that you recommend?

Thanks

Corey

#3 ·
:shocked: dang 9 cups!!! That is a lot!

I have used blue and never had issues except with Titan being picky with it. The wilderness has more protien in it than the others and is supposed to lean toward the ingredients that are natural to dogs in the wild.. I guess.

Anyways, Fromm is an awesome food!! We loved it but Titan is allergic to some ingredients so we moved on. He is now on Canine Caviar. So far I have had to order this online, www.chewy.com is where I have found it the cheapest.

If cost is a concern, Nature's Recipe was another brand we used for some time but have since switched (allergies again). Loved that one actually. He was on Salmon, sweet potato, and pumpkin. It made his skin healthy and coat really shiney.

Hope you find a good one.. some others I have heard, but not tried are:

Orijen
Solid Gold
Wellness
Nature's variety (tried the Instinct line)

Hope this helps a bit.

#4 ·
Thanks Whitney,

Yes 9 cups. I measured what they were giving him and it came out to be 4 and half cups and they were feeding him twice a day. I've cut back to feeding him once a day.

Will be buying his new food tomorrow to get him where he needs to be.

Corey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.