German Shepherds Forum banner

Dental chew alternatives other than marrow bones, nylabones, antlers, etc?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  counter 
#1 ·
All of my dogs are on a raw diet. My 2 older dogs have chipped their teeth chewing on raw marrow bones and knuckle bones. They have little interest in Nylabones or any chew that is synthetic/rubber/plastic. My research points towards Greenies, deer antlers, rawhides, etc. as being unsafe and potentially dangerous. What does that leave me with? My husky broke one of his molars off and cost me nearly $1,000 to repair/remove thanks to a marrow bone. I'm wondering what else is out there that's safe and effective to help keep their teeth clean, and also something that would keep their interest!?!

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

#3 ·
I've never heard of these, but I just looked them up. I'm willing to try them, but when researching a raw diet, I've read where dairy is not good for dogs. These himalayan chews are made from pure milk. I wonder how good they are then? Either way, I'm willing to try them. Cost means nothing to me when it comes to my dogs health and happiness!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.