Wolfus being picky - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wolfus being picky

Yesterday, I walked in and only half her food was gone, about 2 cups. I'm like what's up with that. This horse usually eats everything. I tried to get her to eat, no go. Knowing Wolfus and how she gets when she does not like something, I decided I would wash her dog food bowl. She ate her food, problem solved.
Today, I come in from grocery shopping and she has left food again.
Saying all this she eats everything else, treats, tidbits from my cooking, etc.
The only other time she has not eaten well was when she was a pup with worms. So I wormed her today.
After giving her a doggy biscuit she wolfed it down as usual. So , I said to myself maybe she is tired of the food. So I pick out different pieces and she eats them out of my hand.
It is odd for Wolfus not to eat everything in sight.
Anyone with any ideas? Or should I just wait and see if she is being contrary?
Oh, other than this she is acting like the same ole Wolfus.

Last edited by Wildrat; 03-20-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: addition
Wildrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like she' s training you pretty good, but if you are really worried, a talk with your vet is always best!. Bob
K9POPPY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think she decided it was time to take the next step in my training like you said. I made some all natural waffles with blueberries and she had no problem eating them or the bits of fried chicken she got. I am thinking she is just being contrary, She being the key word. LOL She is at my feet now.
The other thing she has been doing is licking, preening/flea biting my new watch my son gave me for my birthday. She could be upset because she did not get a watch also. I told her it was not her birthday,but you know how women are. I'll be in trouble here in a minute. I'm only teasing ladies! My Wolfus is so sweet though, and she looks at me so affectionately with those big brown eyes.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well it was the same thing this morning, she ate a little and wanted no more, no more till I put a cup of beef bouillon on her food, then she only ate the food that had the most bouillon on it.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

she is still not eating much of her dog food. She is eating other things though. I am trying not to give her much, a couple treats, in the hope she will get hungry and decide the dog food is fine. She seems to be fine other than the dog food.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

This morning she was turning her nose up at the dog food again.
So Wolfus and I are in the kitchen. SHe is watching me, and I am contemplating this issue.
So I picked her dog food bowl up,put water in with her food, shook it around to get the food wet, set it on the floor and she ate.
I have two theories:
1) She was tired of dry dog food
2) Wolfus thought I was cooking something for her and it would be good like other handouts she has gotten in the past.

I am going with #2, she is being a spoiled little Wolfus, well not exactly small at 90 pounds, but she is still my little puppy.lol
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

After church today I stopped and got Wolfus some food that you add water to and it makes a gravy. She ate it all. I guess she was just tired of her food. My other dogs have no problem with their regular food, just Ms. Prissy Wolfus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.