German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Does Your German Shepherd Like Bananas or Other Fruits? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/426898-does-your-german-shepherd-like-bananas-other-fruits.html)

Deborah34 03-20-2014 11:29 AM

Does Your German Shepherd Like Bananas or Other Fruits?

Hello there, fellow German Shepherd people!

I read that bananas are good for dogs, so I offered a few slices to Boomer (my a bit over a year old German Shepherd boy) and he loved them.

Does you dog like bananas as well? Are there any other fruits he likes as well?

Shade 03-20-2014 11:31 AM

Neither of my dogs really like fruit except for apples. But veggies they love - especially carrots!

shilorio 03-20-2014 11:33 AM

My first girl loved apples, my boy now loves water mellon

Freddy 03-20-2014 11:33 AM

My female goes nuts for asparagus. My male spits it out.

Okin 03-20-2014 11:37 AM

Mine doesn't really like fruit. She will chew on an apple then play with it like a ball. Now frozen green beans she will go nuts for.

Jax08 03-20-2014 11:40 AM

Neither of my GSDs like Bananas. The Boxer and mix will inhale them.

My GSDS like apples, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, watermelon and many others.

Deborah34 03-20-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade (Post 5234258)
Neither of my dogs really like fruit except for apples. But veggies they love - especially carrots!

That's nice! Veggies are most likely even better for dogs than fruits.

I'll try to get Boomer to eat a carrot or two as well.

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 03-20-2014 11:44 AM

Lucky: Berries ,green beans, tomatoes ,oranges and mangos.
Chevy and Thunder no fruits or veggies. They dont eat green beans even.

SunCzarina 03-20-2014 11:45 AM

Venus will eat anything. She surprised me last week asking for a taste of banana, seemed to enjoy it. She's funny, we have a grafted apple tree, 5 flavors on the same dwarf tree. I had to build it a cage last year because Venus was picking apples faster than the squirrels.

ApselBear 03-20-2014 11:48 AM

Apsel loves frozen bananas, but he only wants a handful of thin slices then he's bored. He won't eat a whole just peeled banana, he'll mouth it a bit and drop it on the carpet>.<
He'll eat apples and loves carrots as well. He wasn't a big fan of dehydrated banana slices, but he seemed to like the dehydrated pineapple and mango chunks he stole from my plate the other day.

Our heelers are crazy about any kind of fruit and vegetable. They beg for an apple every time we pass our apple tree when it has apples to share. They both do the whole body wag when they get one and then its a race to eat them. Both nibble the peel off first then completely destroy the rest of the apple. We just have to watch and make sure the cores are not consumed in the frenzy. A few seeds won't hurt, but its just safer to avoid them.