German Shepherds Forum banner

Anyone use Diamond Natural?

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  mharrisonjr26 
#1 ·
Looking into their Large Breed Adult or "Extreme Athlete" formulas.

We currently feed Fromm but one of my GSD's seems to have bad gas frequently.

Talked to a couple people (no GSD owners) that really like the line.

#3 ·
I use the Extreme Athlete on all my dogs. I am just careful to not over feed them. My 92 lb GSD gets two cups a day. My Mini Doxie gets 1/2 cup. My elder Golden gets 1 & 1/2 cups and my Lacy gets 1 cup. Everyone gets raw chicken in the morning. I rarely have poop problems with any of them. My Golden is the only one that I tend to have to watch, but he's older and has other medical problems.

#4 ·
I also use Extreme Athlete with good results. Sometimes I alternate with their Large Breed Chicken & Rice or Lamb & Rice.

#5 ·
I use the regular Chicken and Rice and Extreme Athlete. I feed about 3 cups a day to my girls.

If I knock it down to 2 cups, poop gets really firm. I suppose I should go to 2.5 cups.

#8 ·
Daisy eats the extreme athlete and the other dogs eat Professional (made by diamond). We have had no problems. They are all very healthy and their coats look great. We chose the extreme athlete for Daisy because she is very thin. It didn't help much, but it didn't hurt either.

Just watch out for recalls, no matter what brand you choose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.