German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Anyone use Diamond Natural? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/426018-anyone-use-diamond-natural.html)

0pusX 03-18-2014 09:55 AM

Anyone use Diamond Natural?

Looking into their Large Breed Adult or "Extreme Athlete" formulas.

We currently feed Fromm but one of my GSD's seems to have bad gas frequently.

Talked to a couple people (no GSD owners) that really like the line.

shepherdmom 03-18-2014 09:58 AM

Extreme Athlete gave my guys diarrhea. I used the adult beef and rice for a while but noticed Tasha's coat got really dull and dry. Just switched them to Tractor Supply brand and already she is looking better. :)

Lilie 03-18-2014 10:10 AM

I use the Extreme Athlete on all my dogs. I am just careful to not over feed them. My 92 lb GSD gets two cups a day. My Mini Doxie gets 1/2 cup. My elder Golden gets 1 & 1/2 cups and my Lacy gets 1 cup. Everyone gets raw chicken in the morning. I rarely have poop problems with any of them. My Golden is the only one that I tend to have to watch, but he's older and has other medical problems.

SusiQ 03-18-2014 01:22 PM

I also use Extreme Athlete with good results. Sometimes I alternate with their Large Breed Chicken & Rice or Lamb & Rice.

selzer 03-18-2014 03:13 PM

I use the regular Chicken and Rice and Extreme Athlete. I feed about 3 cups a day to my girls.

If I knock it down to 2 cups, poop gets really firm. I suppose I should go to 2.5 cups.

Athena'sMom 03-18-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherdmom (Post 5221802)
Extreme Athlete gave my guys diarrhea. I used the adult beef and rice for a while but noticed Tasha's coat got really dull and dry. Just switched them to Tractor Supply brand and already she is looking better. :)

My dog's had the same reaction to it! Coat got very dull and skin got flaky! Switched back to 4health grain free turkey and potato formula.

myshepharley 03-18-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athena'sMom (Post 5223962)
My dog's had the same reaction to it! Coat got very dull and skin got flaky! Switched back to 4health grain free turkey and potato formula.

I have Harley on the Turkey and Potato. He really likes it. Did have him on Diamond Natural Beef and Rice.

vicky2200 03-18-2014 07:04 PM

Daisy eats the extreme athlete and the other dogs eat Professional (made by diamond). We have had no problems. They are all very healthy and their coats look great. We chose the extreme athlete for Daisy because she is very thin. It didn't help much, but it didn't hurt either.

Just watch out for recalls, no matter what brand you choose.

mharrisonjr26 03-18-2014 07:50 PM

I have used diamond naturals beef, chicken, lamb meal, and Lgbreed adult and puppy. I still do if i run out of raw food or about to run out. Its awesome and here in Ohio its like $30 for 40lbs.