German Shepherds Forum banner

Do you add supplements to your dog's food?

8K views 42 replies 31 participants last post by  Hineni7 
#1 ·
Do you give your dog/s supplements?

What kind of supplements do you give?

#4 ·
I add Tripett, raw egg, and coconut oil. I would do salmon oil but it's already added in the kibble.

#7 ·
I give:
Perna (Green Lipid Mussel) for joint and skin health

MSM for joint health

Digestive Enzymes mixed with ProBiotics (3 brands rotated)

Fresh Garlic

Krill Oil - rotated with Sh-emp Oil (combo of herring, coconut, hemp)

Hemp Oil when feeding beef (but not fed when using Sh-emp rotation)

Flax Oil when feeding poultry

Coconut Oil (but not fed when using Sh-emp rotation)

Eggs 4 x week

Sardines 4 x week

Detoxed several times per year using 2 different supplements

Moms:)

#8 ·
My dogs get fish oil with their evening meal. Hondo gets fish oil and Glucosamine/Chondroitin. They are fed raw chicken legs as their morning meal.

To add just the right touch of sweetness, I stir their Kibble with my finger at night.

#9 ·
Coconut oil, fish oil, or sardines when I have them.

Pumpkin if it's a puppy being wormed.

Otherwise, nothing....just water.

They do occasionally get raw and/or table scraps for a meal.

#10 ·
Outside of some canned green tripe (tripett), I don't give anything. They don't need it.

They're healthy, they don't smell, their coats glow, and neither have joint issues, so there's no need to supplement everything. They seem to be getting everything they need from their regular diet.

#16 ·
I rotate:

- Solid Gold Seameal
- Nupro Silver
- Feed-sentials

And I always give:

- Probiotics
- Salmon Oil
- Vitamin E

Occasionally I give a teaspoon of kelp once a day, about four times a month.

#18 ·
Just sardines once a week. Don't have the money to spend on extra supplements right now. Used to give fish oil but got tired of it and my GSD did not like it and tried using coconut oil too... again, didn't sit well.

#19 ·
I do pumpkin daily, alternate coconut oil and salmon oil, and add Glucosamine/MSM once a day just because. Eggs 2-3x a week.

#24 ·
It's not necessary but it can help keep your dog's coat looking good, it could help prevent your dog from getting sick, it could help keep your dogs joints from going bad or getting worse.

#25 ·
I give turmeric, raw local honey, prebiotics, apple cider vinegar (mixed in plain yogurt), coconut oil, and now that I'm feeding raw salmon: vitamin E.

#26 ·
Lots of people seem to feed sardines. If I'm already feeding salmon oil, is there something they get from sardines that they don't get in the oil?

And has anyone found a place to order bulk coconut oil? I've only found the human grade that comes in smaller jars, and it's expensive.

#27 ·
No one has said Feedsentials.
I'm convinced my dog doesn't shed because of that supplement.
He also gets, in rotation, coconut oil, sunflower oil, hemp oil, pumpkin seed oil.
Probiotics, digestive enzymes (I have switched to another food which might eliminate his need for this) and Meeker raspberry powder. Sometimes Olewo carrots and beets.

#31 ·
Let's see if I can get the prize for giving the most supplements!

Rafi has lots of joint problems and some digestive issues. He is on a raw diet (and doing great).

Ester C
Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil capsules
InClover Connectin
Springtime Inc. Longevity
eggshell membranes
Honest Kitchen Perfect Form
probiotics
coconut oil
Tumeric

I think that's it? :crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.