German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Experience with Fromm Four Star Grain Free? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/402146-experience-fromm-four-star-grain-free.html)

GSD Dad 01-26-2014 03:29 PM

Experience with Fromm Four Star Grain Free?

I'm debating a food switch, I love the food Thor is on but he seems to always have pink eyes and eye boogers. After extensive research, the Fromm GF foods are pretty high up on my list. Does anybody have experience (good or bad) with this line of food?

After reading MANY threads on dog food and feeding, I understand that everyone has an opinion about what is the best / worst possible diet. Please try to keep the responses to the question at hand. I'm sure whatever you feed your dog is great for you and them, but I am specifically looking for experience with the Fromm Grain Free kibbles.

Thanks

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

dogfaeries 01-26-2014 04:56 PM

It's in my rotation, and my dogs like it and do well on it. Nice coats, good poops. Favorites seem to be Surf & Turf, and Game Bird.

Shade 01-26-2014 05:13 PM

It's what I feed my dogs. I swap them each bag through all the grain free flavours and they like them all. The dogs are happy and healthy with it, so I'm very happy with it :)

GSD Dad 01-26-2014 07:05 PM

Thank you both, I'm really liking what I've read about it so far.

ken k 01-26-2014 07:24 PM

I use the Fromm surf & turff, on my 3, they like it and everyones poops looks pretty much the same, one is with EPI and another with a somewhat sensitive stomach

Bman0221 01-26-2014 08:05 PM

I feed my 7 year old male the Fromm Gold and he does very well on it. Never a problem. I also like Merrick and mix some of their can food in with his Kibble.

doggiedad 01-26-2014 08:14 PM

have you taken your dog to the Vet regarding
his pink eyes?

mydogs 01-26-2014 08:50 PM

I don't feed the grain free yet I may at a year. I'm feeding the Gold large breed puppy. He does great on it. Shiniest coat and great poops:)

FrankieC 01-26-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydogs (Post 4910970)
I don't feed the grain free yet I may at a year. I'm feeding the Gold large breed puppy. He does great on it. Shiniest coat and great poops:)

This is my go-to puppy kibble as well. Great stuff.

GSD Dad 01-26-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiedad (Post 4910634)
have you taken your dog to the Vet regarding
his pink eyes?

I have consulted two different vets, neither of which were as concerned about Thor's eye boogers as I am. The second vet suggested switching brands of food, and if that didn't resolve it, consider a limited ingredient formula to try and narrow it down to what may be his mild allergy.