German Shepherds Forum banner

Zuke's bought out by Purina (moved from gen info to diet/nutrition)

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mrs.P 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'll wait and see. My dog's food got bought by P&G but it's been under a microscope since, any change and everyone will jump ship..... I don't personally feed Purina but I've competed in events at their venue. I know a lot of people that boycott Nestle *everything* and commend them for being consistent but it's one battle I haven't picked.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't boycott them as a company, but I won't feed my dogs anything made by them, that's for sure. I don't trust Canadian companies to be honest with their ingredients, let alone a big company like Purina. :(

As I sit here writing with a Purina pen. XD

#5 ·
LOL! When we were there for Nationals we got huge goody bags full of treats and sample kibble. NO one on my team wanted anything to do with it. I won't feed Purina kibble but I do use it for training treats since they are nice and small. I still have several packs.

#8 ·
Nooooo! Say it isn't so!! :(

No longer buying their products. Bleh.

#9 ·
Well Zukes hip support and salmon treats are my favorite products I guess I will buy a year supply and make liver treats in between.

#13 ·
I've been using the natural balance line lately-

Their cat treatsare a lot like zukes in three flavors and half the size- PERFECT for training!

They also have "jerky" type squares, similar to wellness pure treats, but a little cheaper.

My dogs love the semi-moist biscuits, too.

I like Orijen cat treats a lot, too, but those are little more expensive and different. XD

#14 ·
I second the Cloudstar Tricky Trainers. I've always recommended them at our store over the Zukes.
As for possible replacements for the Hip Action, try taking a look at the Ark Naturals Joint Rescue, if you have those available to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.