My dog is not interested in his food... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default My dog is not interested in his food...

Magick is fed once a day, 3 cups of kibbles + half kg raw meat. When its feeding time, he'd finish his food but he doesn't seem very interested when called for food.

Is that weird?

2 days ago, he only ate the meat and didn't finish his kibbles. So I fed him only kibbles without the meat so that he'll not make it a habit. He does eat his kibbles without the meat though.. Its just that I find it weird that he doesn't seem very interested in his food.

Any ideas?

Linda
lindadrusilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hi lindadrucilla!
I had to smile when I read this.....sorry!

This would be like me being a "Choco-holic" and setting a saltine cracker and a piece of warm chocolate cake with warm hot fudge poured over the top, in front of me! I'd eat the chocolate cake first, then wouldn't want the tasteless cracker! LOL!

Great job feeding some raw in his diet if you can't go total raw! Since there is only about a 2% difference between wolves and dogs, the raw meat is what most dogs would want!

I would feed the kibble for his morning meal and then the raw meat for his night meal to help with this situation.

Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks moms!

I used to feed him twice a day but since 6 mths he refused to eat in the morning. Maybe cos we just finished exercising? Beats me.

Anyway, i now feed him 2 cups of kibbles at night then upon finishing it, his reward is the raw meat! With another cup of kibbles mixed into it..

So far so good. He seems to understand that. Cos after finishing the kibbles, he wanted in his spot where i usually put him while i prepare the meat.

I still find it weird that he's not excited when i tell him its feeding time! He used to run up & down when i say "who's a hungry boy..." Now he just looks at me. Maybe thinking "just feed me!" ???

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lindadrusilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.