Recommendations on N&D's kibble? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Recommendations on N&D's kibble?

*Title*
R-a-m-b-o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Do they have a website about the food?
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

N&D Grain-Free Canine | Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Hello. A friend of mine who visits this forum mentioned Farmina N&D was posted on this forum. I do not have a GSD but he does.

I know this food very well. I worked in Italy for several years and recently came back. I used the Wild Boar 37% protein and Wild Cod (single protein) 30% foods. Low ash, but very high animal protein content of 92% - 96%.

These foods are outstanding and according to the company's USA Facebook page will be available in the US at the end of January on Mr. Chewy and in about 20 states. https://www.facebook.com/FarminaUSA

This company tells you everything you want to know and does not use low-grade proteins with lots of bone, or peas, lentils, pea protein, canola oil, chickpeas, all the junk that goes into dog food now. I called the company a couple years ago and asked about how much potato was in the food and with no hestitation the nutritionist said 12%-15%. I understand these foods are on Susan Thixton's list of the Most Trusted foods. This is a real company with its own plants and lots of technical know-how. There is a USA website as well, Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You. | Happy pet. Happy you.

I can tell you first hand, Italians have extremely high food standards and excellent manufacturing capability. If you have a very sensitive dog, the Wild Cod is amazing. Also, the kibble size is not like cat food. Nice big chunks.

Take care...Bo

Last edited by NJDobbie; 01-09-2014 at 10:28 AM.
NJDobbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi, I'm from Serbia (Europe) and we have N&D kibbles. My dog mainly eats RAW but we tried N&D Wild Boar (for 2-3 months) and Fish for 2 weeks.

Wild Boar was great, much better then TOTW (though I'm not 100% convinced we have original TOTW), firm small stool, shiny coat and her musculature and energy level was great.

On the other hand, Fish wasn't so good (at least for my dog). Her stool was huge and greenish color, smell was awful.
Black Kali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

My dog eats royal can in GSD. Its breed specific food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo2013 View Post
My dog eats royal can in GSD. Its breed specific food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Please, don't feed your dog with Royal Canin!!!
And please read this article and you'll understand why!!!
Roger Biduk; Vets & Their Poor Knowledge of Cat & Dog Nutrition
Old 01-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kali View Post
Hi, I'm from Serbia (Europe) and we have N&D kibbles. My dog mainly eats RAW but we tried N&D Wild Boar (for 2-3 months) and Fish for 2 weeks.

Wild Boar was great, much better then TOTW (though I'm not 100% convinced we have original TOTW), firm small stool, shiny coat and her musculature and energy level was great.

On the other hand, Fish wasn't so good (at least for my dog). Her stool was huge and greenish color, smell was awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDobbie View Post
Hello. A friend of mine who visits this forum mentioned Farmina N&D was posted on this forum. I do not have a GSD but he does.

I know this food very well. I worked in Italy for several years and recently came back. I used the Wild Boar 37% protein and Wild Cod (single protein) 30% foods. Low ash, but very high animal protein content of 92% - 96%.

These foods are outstanding and according to the company's USA Facebook page will be available in the US at the end of January on Mr. Chewy and in about 20 states. https://www.facebook.com/FarminaUSA

This company tells you everything you want to know and does not use low-grade proteins with lots of bone, or peas, lentils, pea protein, canola oil, chickpeas, all the junk that goes into dog food now. I called the company a couple years ago and asked about how much potato was in the food and with no hestitation the nutritionist said 12%-15%. I understand these foods are on Susan Thixton's list of the Most Trusted foods. This is a real company with its own plants and lots of technical know-how. There is a USA website as well, Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You. | Happy pet. Happy you.

I can tell you first hand, Italians have extremely high food standards and excellent manufacturing capability. If you have a very sensitive dog, the Wild Cod is amazing. Also, the kibble size is not like cat food. Nice big chunks.

Take care...Bo
Sounds good so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.