German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Diet & Nutrition (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/)
-   -   Recommendations on N&D's kibble? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/393242-recommendations-n-ds-kibble.html)

R-a-m-b-o 01-08-2014 03:49 PM

Recommendations on N&D's kibble?

*Title*

MaggieRoseLee 01-08-2014 08:51 PM

Do they have a website about the food?

R-a-m-b-o 01-09-2014 10:35 AM

N&D Grain-Free Canine | Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You.

NJDobbie 01-09-2014 11:24 AM

Hello. A friend of mine who visits this forum mentioned Farmina N&D was posted on this forum. I do not have a GSD but he does.

I know this food very well. I worked in Italy for several years and recently came back. I used the Wild Boar 37% protein and Wild Cod (single protein) 30% foods. Low ash, but very high animal protein content of 92% - 96%.

These foods are outstanding and according to the company's USA Facebook page will be available in the US at the end of January on Mr. Chewy and in about 20 states. https://www.facebook.com/FarminaUSA

This company tells you everything you want to know and does not use low-grade proteins with lots of bone, or peas, lentils, pea protein, canola oil, chickpeas, all the junk that goes into dog food now. I called the company a couple years ago and asked about how much potato was in the food and with no hestitation the nutritionist said 12%-15%. I understand these foods are on Susan Thixton's list of the Most Trusted foods. This is a real company with its own plants and lots of technical know-how. There is a USA website as well, Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You. | Happy pet. Happy you.

I can tell you first hand, Italians have extremely high food standards and excellent manufacturing capability. If you have a very sensitive dog, the Wild Cod is amazing. Also, the kibble size is not like cat food. Nice big chunks.

Take care...Bo

Black Kali 01-09-2014 12:02 PM

Hi, I'm from Serbia (Europe) and we have N&D kibbles. My dog mainly eats RAW but we tried N&D Wild Boar (for 2-3 months) and Fish for 2 weeks.

Wild Boar was great, much better then TOTW (though I'm not 100% convinced we have original TOTW), firm small stool, shiny coat and her musculature and energy level was great.

On the other hand, Fish wasn't so good (at least for my dog). Her stool was huge and greenish color, smell was awful.

halo2013 01-09-2014 12:27 PM

My dog eats royal can in GSD. Its breed specific food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

R-a-m-b-o 01-10-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halo2013 (Post 4800802)
My dog eats royal can in GSD. Its breed specific food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Please, don't feed your dog with Royal Canin!!!
And please read this article and you'll understand why!!!
Roger Biduk; Vets & Their Poor Knowledge of Cat & Dog Nutrition

R-a-m-b-o 01-10-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Kali (Post 4800586)
Hi, I'm from Serbia (Europe) and we have N&D kibbles. My dog mainly eats RAW but we tried N&D Wild Boar (for 2-3 months) and Fish for 2 weeks.

Wild Boar was great, much better then TOTW (though I'm not 100% convinced we have original TOTW), firm small stool, shiny coat and her musculature and energy level was great.

On the other hand, Fish wasn't so good (at least for my dog). Her stool was huge and greenish color, smell was awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDobbie (Post 4800378)
Hello. A friend of mine who visits this forum mentioned Farmina N&D was posted on this forum. I do not have a GSD but he does.

I know this food very well. I worked in Italy for several years and recently came back. I used the Wild Boar 37% protein and Wild Cod (single protein) 30% foods. Low ash, but very high animal protein content of 92% - 96%.

These foods are outstanding and according to the company's USA Facebook page will be available in the US at the end of January on Mr. Chewy and in about 20 states. https://www.facebook.com/FarminaUSA

This company tells you everything you want to know and does not use low-grade proteins with lots of bone, or peas, lentils, pea protein, canola oil, chickpeas, all the junk that goes into dog food now. I called the company a couple years ago and asked about how much potato was in the food and with no hestitation the nutritionist said 12%-15%. I understand these foods are on Susan Thixton's list of the Most Trusted foods. This is a real company with its own plants and lots of technical know-how. There is a USA website as well, Farmina Pet Foods - Happy pet. Happy You. | Happy pet. Happy you.

I can tell you first hand, Italians have extremely high food standards and excellent manufacturing capability. If you have a very sensitive dog, the Wild Cod is amazing. Also, the kibble size is not like cat food. Nice big chunks.

Take care...Bo

Sounds good so far :D