Feed-Sentials - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Feed-Sentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I have this issue with 2 of my dogs..no rhyme or reason, it just happens every now and then. I don't know if they are eating something that doesn't agree or what, but I would love to not have to worry about it. So I will do a month for all of them and then go weekly. Do they have to eat a whole meal after the first half? Mine don't really eat a whole meal at one time..they take their time. I'm thinking I can give it first, then feed, and give the rest before I leave?? What kind of yogurt do you use?
My dog graces his food as well, so I tried to encourage him to eat as much as I can, then give the other half. It wasn't exact, but good enough. Your plan sounds good. Try it and see how it goes. I use plain whole milk yogurt like Danon or Yoplait. I checked his poop everyday; morning and evening. Once it started to form regularly, I switched to weekly -- about a month's time. He's had solid poop consistently for 3 months now :0)

Here's what Carmen told me when I PM'd her:

"...one teaspoon of the Sunday Sundae , made into a moist mixture , NON Chlorinated water if that is your choice of liquid as chlorine will destroy the very bacteria that you want . The before you feed your dog his meal give him ONE HALF of this probiotic mixture . Let him have 10 to 15 minutes. Now you will feed his meal as you normally would . Give him a 10 to 15 minute post meal break , and then give the last ONE HALF of the probiotic mixture as his dessert . The first half introduces and readies his digestive system. The second half cleans house makes sure that the food is thoroughly broken down and absorbed.

Once his stool is where you want it to be, then the Sunday Sundae can be given as a treat for maintenance , and all the other benefits the supplement offers, once a week , as a treat."

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by Karo4410; 03-01-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Karo4410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo4410 View Post
My dog graces his food as well, so I tried to encourage him to eat as much as I can, then give the other half. It wasn't exact, but good enough. Your plan sounds good. Try it and see how it goes. I use plain whole milk yogurt like Danon or Yoplait. I checked his poop everyday; morning and evening. Once it started to form regularly, I switched to weekly -- about a month's time. He's had solid poop consistently for 3 months now :0)

Sent from Petguide.com App
Good to here about your dog's poop...I personally hate poop patrol. I use the same yogurt for them, so that is good. The poop is good now, but I think I will do daily for a short period to make sure it stays that way. I can't keep taking sick days to stay home with them when they don't feel good.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm glad to see it's all working well for others.

To answer some things.... we are keeping it in the fridge, that's what is suggested on the container. My dogs are on kibble too, I feed it with some random things like yogurt, pumpkin, and wet food. She gets it at night. Her full meal is in the morning. We are trying to fatten her up a bit (she's in the awkward teen stage), so we figured splitting it up into 1 regular meal and then at night one small meal would help.

I've heard the other two (Sunday Sundae, Shemp Oil) are great too... I eventually want to order those as well. Anything to keep these guys running strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
ha - magic in a bottle -- must have been craving something --
haha, Yeah I guess so! She's going crazy for it! Tonight she's been trying to get into my fridge to get to it!

She loves it!

I'm going to switch out from using yogurt, pumpkin, and some wet food. So this way it keeps it exciting. Any other suggestions?

She's on kibble, so I am trying to be creative with how she gets it to make sure she is actually getting all of it.
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ordered some and the shemp oil. Ain't cheap but we'll see how they do on it and I do like having the fish and coconut oil in one product! My dogs aren't having digestive troubles so I don't think I need the sundae one but I'll report back later on how they're doing with the other two.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

just noticed this -- Feed-Sentials and Sh-Emp are concentrated with no fillers -- no flax and cover everything from front to end , from inside to outside , from youth to geriatric --- WHOLE body .
The refrigeration recommendation was made because some people with small dogs will have one of those units last for the better part of a year . Keeping it cool protect some of the essential fatty acids available from the ground seeds which being finely ground have maximum surface area exposed . I don't do this myself , unit always on the counter to mix into my ground meat which may be given as a "meatball" or packed into the cavity of a chicken frame.
The Sh-Emp uses wild caught deep sea raw unrefined fish oil which comes with a lab analysis and is contaminant to the point where the flesh remainders is used by certified Organic farmers . Hemp oil .
The coconut oil is Tropical Traditions Gold Label because it organically farmed and hand pressed , not chemical or mechanical extraction , and has the highest level of lauric acid , a desireable portion , which others may be rather low on.

Coconut oil has had a lot of promotion lately and there is a lot of misinformation . No omega's on this one. This is a functional oil and great for digestive and organic health and "instant" energy delivery to muscles . Lots of straight coconut products out there with varying quality , and some big price tags . Then a person may try it , give generous amounts and then have a dog appear to take two giant steps backwards , then use of the oil is abandoned altogther. What may be happening is that the dog is detoxing . The organs, liver , kidneys , can only do so much at one time. Everything has a balance or proportion .
Glad your dog goes crazy for it .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

So as most know my dogs all had issues with their poop, fecals came back negative on all. Poop has started getting better, then I gave them this stuff yesterday and now my GSD has very loose poops, is that normal? Is it cleaning out her body or should I not give it to her? I did try all three(separately) to see if the dogs liked this stuff and they love it. Did I screw up by doing all three? Will the poop get better or did I cause more problems?
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

not all 3 together in one mix -- and gradually introduced , lesser quantity . Too much clean out . too abrupt a change. Now mind you tomorrow you may have a totally different result in the stool because she is cleaning out . Give less to start .

You may want to start with the Sunday Sundae for the first week to establish a different gut biosome .

This would be best first thing in the morning . Then if you would like to use the Feed-Sentials mix a half portion with her food , to start .

Depending on her current state she may shed her hair coat , and build a new lustrous one , better feel , better pigment . She may even have dandruff as the old skin is sloughed and replaced by pink and healthy skin.

this is typical detoxing , Herxheimer's --- all part of "house under renovation"

Carmspack

Last edited by carmspack; 03-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

My 6 months foster's first day had loose runny stools and low energy plus what may be pano. I fed Sunday Sundae plus raw meals for dinner and raw again next day for breakfast and the puppy is back to firm stool immediately. Based on condition of his coat, he was probably fed some nutrient deficient puppy food before.
Bear L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

I will have to add this to my list of supplements to give as well. Thank you for the information guys!

CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We have some firm

Lets keep our

Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.