Raw & Kibble? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Verivus - I know you know...I provided the link for the OP and was refrencing it to what you said
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

So do you guys think i should just feed the Instinct raw food only. Because really I dont have the time to prepare it my self. or should i just go with Kibble only?
Szarek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

I can prepare my 7 dogs meals in under 15 minutes - and that includes clean-up time.

Dogs need muscle meat, bone and organs - that's it. They do not NEED veggies, fruits or anything else.

That being said - if you have the money I don't see why you couldn't feed this all the time. Just remember - that puppy is going to grow and you will be going through ALOT of this.

Forgot to add - I would give your dog a whole raw turkey neck or chicken leg to chew up once or twice a week. That will help keep the teeth in good shape.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

IMO...since he is weaned on raw stick to raw. His body is going to go through so much and incl. what he has to contend with vaccinations, new home, being taken from all he knows, best to give him the tools (enyzmes and amino acids) in the most digetible form that is natural to his body and requires less energy to synthesize...kibble is devoid of these and they need to be added back in in synthetic form...this causes toxicity and his developing immune system needs to focus on other invaders, not man-made ones.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

So what you guys think also about feeding one meal Kibble and 2 raw when he's a puppy and then switching to 1 meal raw and one meal kibble since you guys don't recoment mixing them together in a meal? I am just alittle scared that he wouldn't get all the vitamins and food he needs in the raw. And which one would you prefer the Instinct Raw VS Honest kitchen?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'd say switch between the honest kitchen and raw...leave the kibble in the bag at the store

Raw and HK are designed to provide all the nutrients....kibble is bare minimum and because the essential nutrients are cooked out and then added back in in synthetic form, the pup will only be getting a fraction of that as it isn't metabolized completely..."synthetic" nutrients are made from not so nice things and come in a pre-mix - a lot of the premixes come from china...and kibble doesn't have the live enzymes and essential amino acids in natural form that carry all the nutrients to the diff. process's in the body. Live enzymes are essential for health.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Have any one tried the instinct before? and which one is better to buy the bites or midallion?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

I use Bravo to supplement my dog's raw diet. I buy raw chicken and turkey in bulk about 80lbs at a time from a distributor in the city, and I buy some of the ground meat & bone lamb, duck, beef, & salmon from Bravo in the rolls. I feed mostly chicken & turkey and use the Bravo to add in my variety in addition to grabbing beef & pork from the grocery store when it's on sale. I don't have a seperate freezer anymore, so this way of feeding has been working for me and it's affordable.

www.bravorawdiet.com
Sydney
CH Erin N Shamrock's S Hemisphere CD RN CGC
8/14/98-1/12/13

(1/3 UWP) U-CH Shamrock's Shippin Up To Boston RN CA NJ-N TT CGC "Shane" (4yrs)

"Ocean" Alabama craigslist dump (2yrs)
ShatteringGlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.