Ok i cant take it anymore - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdmom View Post
My dogs like Natures Recipe. It is better than Beneful, but not near as expensive as TOTW.
Another question on this. Grain free or regular? My breeder had him on TOTW and recomended it. am not sure why but I guess he knows his dogs /shrugs
Loneforce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to zivagirl

Bear was on Nature's Choice. When we switched him, at first, he got explosive runs despite the slow wean. Mixing in pumpkin and rice foot a few days set him to rights.
At any rate....I know how frustrating the process is and how hard it if when ouranimals are sick.
Be well.
zivagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Add a spoonful of tripe to their food. We use Trippett for Banshee. Jax gets tripe from a local supplier that I grind up.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Try fish oil, tripe, or a little bit of canned dog food.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I fed TOTW for a while. I wasn't terribly impressed. Seems to be a lot of food in there that goes right out. Monster sized stool. And Jax stopped eating it. The last time she stopped eating her food the Boxer scarfed it down and I woke up one morning to a huge puddle of blood with diarhea in it. So I listened to her and I switched her to RAW when she stopped eating the TOTW. I would find a new food and add a bit of tripe to it.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

Have you tried the other flavors. I feed the Roasted Fowl and mine love it. They also get a spoonful of plain yogurt and my boy Chief Chows it down. I am thinking about trying the Boar one soon. I can't feed the other two flavors. I also give them an egg twice a week shell and all and they love it.

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I fed TOTW for a while. I wasn't terribly impressed. Seems to be a lot of food in there that goes right out. Monster sized stool. And Jax stopped eating it. The last time she stopped eating her food the Boxer scarfed it down and I woke up one morning to a huge puddle of blood with diarhea in it. So I listened to her and I switched her to RAW when she stopped eating the TOTW. I would find a new food and add a bit of tripe to it.
I agree with this 100% Both of my dogs have elephant poops. So any recomendation on what to go to? Everyone keeps saying tripe, so i will get this too.
Loneforce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I feed canidae als, which is not grain free, to the one Boxer and the rest are all raw fed so I'm no help with it comes to kibble. But definitely topping it off with some grass fed green tripe will only be beneficial to them. Is Annamaet available to you in your area? I would look for a grain free that doesn't have a ton of side ingredients past the meat. Merrick seems to be a good food. Sierra will eat most anything so it's hard for me to recommend anything she eats. She's a Goat hidden in a Boxer body.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Kaiser's on the Roasted Fowl because we only have two flavours in India yet.. He used to love it since it was new (switched over from Royal Canin Maxi Junior).. but now sometimes he's a little fussy.. so I had the brainwave of adding some cottage cheese to his kibble yesterday & he gobbled it up & came back for seconds (though I didn't give in).. But the thing is he likes it crushed (extra effort grrrrr).. He just won't have it dry & whole.. So I crush half dry, half soaked & mixed it with cottage cheese..
U can also try adding plain yoghurt to the crushed kibble or maybe some chicken broth..

Also my trainer advised if he's getting too picky, use the 20 minute rule.. he can't stay hungry forever knowing that his demands won't be met always.. I did that for 3 nights with Kaiser (he would eat properly in the day) & now he's started eating properly.. So good luck!

Kaiser: DOB 13-Nov-2012
Bundle of joy from 17-Dec-2012 to 06-Feb-2013
ankittanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

The kibble I have Berlin on, he eats it dry, no fuss, and right away. He gets fed 3X a day, and only during his dinner feeding do i mix in half a can of TOTW fish or lamb canned food. His kibble is NutriLife grain free fish formula, he likes it, and im currently in the process of switching over my senior dog to it. She also likes it, as she tries to sneak some nibbles from his bowl sometimes
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.