Need your kibble suggestions - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

I'm using total-zymes and total-biotics.

NWC Naturals® Pet Products | Best Probiotics | Probiotics For Dogs | Supplments

Works pretty well, but I'll be switching to Carmen's product when it gets here.
Karo4410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
Knighted Member

What is Carmen's product?
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Ok, my current is in a jar and its the Naturvet - not so sure; I liked the prozyme better Carmen adds flax (and I think prozyme) to her feed-sentials product which rules out Grim.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshep View Post
What is Carmen's product?
Here's the link. I bought it from here, but the products are sent directly from Carmen.

Carmspack.com
Karo4410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

How high is the fat content in the two foods? That can sometimes be the culprit in loose stools.

Sabra - female GSD - born April 30, 2012
Sargeant - rescued senior GSD male/foster failure - approximately ten years old (August 2013)
Max - rescued GSD - Dec 22, 2010 to March 7, 2012 - at the bridge
Sable - rescued GSD - at the bridge
WVGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVGSD View Post
How high is the fat content in the two foods? That can sometimes be the culprit in loose stools.
Another reason for d-zymes - lipase breaks down fat
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I think what you will find is that what works for one dog may not work for another.
Truer words were never spoken
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Fromm LB puppy is 14%, Acana Pacifica is 17%

Ok, going to give the enzymes a try. I'll let you know how it goes, I'm really curious to see!
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshep View Post
Ok, is that B-naturals supplement available at pet stores, or is it a vet thing?
Sorry, I saw this earlier and meant to get back to you when I got a chance, but I forgot!

Here is the B-Naturals website: Digestion Aids : Holistic, natural remedies for dogs and cats., Natural nutrition, food and supplemements for dogs, cats and horses.

Unfortunately, I see that the Digestion Blend is out of stock, but here are the ingredients:

Quote:
Description: Berte's Digestion Blend contains beneficial bacteria, pancreatic enzymes, amino acids and medicinal herbs in a convenient powder form. Designed to help heal the entire gastrointestinal system, this formula is beneficial for dogs suffering from Irritable Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, GI disorders and chronic diarrhea.

Dosage: Mix with food in these amounts: Toy breeds - 1/3 teaspoon Up to 30 pounds - 1/2 teaspoon 30 to 60 pounds - 1 teaspoon 60 to 90 pounds - 2 teaspoons Over 90 pounds - 2 to 3 teaspoons

Ingredients: One tablespoon contains:
L-Glutamine (500 mg), Lactobacillus Acidophilus 100 Million CFU (100 mg), Lactobacillus Bulgaricus 100 Million CFU (75 mg), Streptococcus Themophilus 75 Million CFU (75 mg), Ginger Root (10 mg), N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (50 mg), L-Glycine (32 mg), Papain (50 mg), Pepsin (100 mg), Pancreatin 4x (100 mg), Pancrelipase (50 mg), Ox Bile Extract (60 mg), Bromelain (40 mg), Amylase (30 mg), Trypsin (25 mg) and Betaine (30 mg).

Other Ingredients: Chicken Liver Powder, and Whey.

Information: Although Bertes Digestion Blend contains digestive enzymes, it can be used in conjunction with Berte's Zyme for severe conditions, such as EPI (pancreatic insufficiency) or acute cases of IBD or colitis.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
Sorry, I saw this earlier and meant to get back to you when I got a chance, but I forgot!

Here is the B-Naturals website: Digestion Aids : Holistic, natural remedies for dogs and cats., Natural nutrition, food and supplemements for dogs, cats and horses.

Unfortunately, I see that the Digestion Blend is out of stock, but here are the ingredients:
I love the B-naturals site...very informative and am familiar w/all the ingr. in this product (should get for my guy)..I have Lew Olsons book (I think she owns site and b-naturals - NOT sure) - Raw & Natural Nutrition for Dogs
L-glutamine is huge in repair of the villi (sp.) responsible for filtering and uptake of nutrients.
There is caution to do with ammonia, but is also a brain amino acid, the only or one of very few things that can pass the blood brain barrier - so it is good for many things - it is abundant in raw food - guess that's why so many dogs rebound for the best in digestion when switched to raw...
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.