Evanger's 100% Meat Foods with Honest Kitchen Preference? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Evanger's 100% Meat Foods with Honest Kitchen Preference?

Well, that pretty much sums it up.

Would this be complete? I like this idea.

I have a two year old white shepherd.

Preference gets all the non-meats I care to. I've done the taste test, and it amazingly passes. I want to prepare this with meat for him to be able to throw in some flexability. Also, my dog is just too important to me for me to be okay with feeding him pellets. I know, dehydrated food isn't much better in the grand scope; I should be bow hunting buck or whatever manly men do but I need meat obviously.
I like Evanger's line of 100% meat foods. I've used them in addition to his dry food for a while and he's happy, healthy and regular. I usually use fromm large breed. But...I can't get over the fact that it's pellets! I know dog food has always been this way, and that it's convention, I don't care--there's gotta be a better way that I can afford.
So, would that satisfy the meat requirement? I mean, I don't see how it wouldn't. It's all meat. It's actually labeled and intended as a supplement for diets that need meat added to it. It sounds like a round peg in a round hole to me, but I wanted to see if anyone on the interwebs has tried this. I can scarsely imagine someone hasn't.
I don't want side suggestions, just an answer to this one.(I know there are 1000 other ideas and that every gsd owner is a high priest of holy sacred knowledge and that everyone else is always wrong.)

He's always loved Evanger's. I like the company, and want to continue supporting them. Personal choice.

The consistency of the evanger's makes it easy for me to mix in with the dehydrated food, and also easy to measure out.

I'm a musician, so the price is right too.

Last edited by Diogenes; 12-10-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've used Evanger's meats to supplement kibble for years - they are terrific products - have had great success!
SusiQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
I know dog food has always been this way, and that it's convention
Well, actually LOL dog food hasn't ALWAYS been this way ... "The use of bagged and canned foods became popular in the United States after World War II." Taken from this website

You can do the BARF diet, the RAW diet or dehydrated raw or kibble or canned.

If you click on the link above, it will bring you to the forum's sections on the BARF / RAW diet ... you can get a ton of info there!

I feed raw, so can't help you out with the kibble / canned food! But I'm sure others can chime in!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I would not use Evanger's due to this -
Evanger's Dog & Cat Food Company, Inc. 5/5/11

And this -
Evanger's Dog and Cat Food Co. Charged In Utility Scheme: Owners Accused Of Stealing $2M In Gas And Electric
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yeah, I was using Evangers, and liked it, until I heard of the utility fraud. I figure if they will defraud a company that provides a service, they will defraud me. And so, I stopped buying their canned foods.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.