I'd like to thank everyone who's posted here, as well as via PMs for their assistance, guidance and advise, I 'm quite glad that I found this website as the members really seem to be genuinely helpful. I've decided to consolidate several Idea's, which I believe suit my budget, and just plain makes sense to me.
1. I have cut the peanut Butter out of the diet completely. (I'll will use it for treat at some point down the road, but I'll be going organic) But for now no more peanut butter.
2. I have decided that I'm going to keep at least 3, maybe 4 brands of dog food with their respective wet foods around the house, and simply monitor Barack's progress with all of them.
3. Being that I'm such a novice I will not be going with a raw diet, until I have plenty of time to do the necessary research that would make me comfortable enough to do so, or prior to Barack reaching adulthood.
4. I will continue to accept advise and tips from more experienced GSD owners, but will not rush to implement said advise until I have done my homework.
5. i will spend more time reading through these forums, along with other helpful websites in regards to keeping my boy's diet healthy!
Finally I'd like to again (for the millionth time lol) thank everyone for being helpful and understanding of my concerns. I will be sticking around these forums for years to come!
Happy Holidays all!
PS: Barack has done well with the SD mixed with 1/4 of the Euka wet puppy Chiot and little bit of water these last 3 Meals. He's been eating the majority of of his servings and leaving about 1/8 of his bowl...so maybe I'm just giving him too much per serving. I'll continue to monitor him closely.
Barack Green GSD 8-25-2012 AKC reg 12-8-2012
Last edited by Ageizm; 12-04-2012 at 12:30 PM.