I'm I starting a problem? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

well looks like i'm goin back to the petstore on payday (thurs) I'll use some wet food I bought that I've avoided using since its euka, but he just had some mixed with the SD he ate a nice portion pretty quickly...I'm definitely noticing that he is doing his best to avoid the SD... wish it wasn't the billing period for everything or i'd have some extra cash, but hey it is what it is!

I see so many 5 star brands guess I'll just buy 3 or for different types along with their respective wet foods and see what happens. thanks everyone.

more advise is welcome
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageizm View Post
well looks like i'm goin back to the petstore on payday (thurs) I'll use some wet food I bought that I've avoided using since its euka, but he just had some mixed with the SD he ate a nice portion pretty quickly...I'm definitely noticing that he is doing his best to avoid the SD... wish it wasn't the billing period for everything or i'd have some extra cash, but hey it is what it is!

I see so many 5 star brands guess I'll just buy 3 or for different types along with their respective wet foods and see what happens. thanks everyone.

more advise is welcome
Ask the folks at petco, but, I thought they told me I could bring back a bag if they didn't like it.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

p-nut butter, sugar and salt. top his food off
with some can food or fresh meat, fish, fowl, etc.
if you give him canned fish use the kind in water,
no salt added. i'm always switching brands of food (kibble
and can). i mix and match his food. i use a lot of different
things as topping for his kibble.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ageizm - check your PM

Heidi Mouse 02/10/1995 - 02/21/2009
Heidigsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

Last time I was at the vet they warned me about raw feeding,they said it causes diseases in pets. Thats another reason for you that you shouldn't trust vets with nutrition advice. You gotta figure if you feed pets bad food you end up more times at the vet, its a win for them and a lose for you.
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'd like to thank everyone who's posted here, as well as via PMs for their assistance, guidance and advise, I 'm quite glad that I found this website as the members really seem to be genuinely helpful. I've decided to consolidate several Idea's, which I believe suit my budget, and just plain makes sense to me.

1. I have cut the peanut Butter out of the diet completely. (I'll will use it for treat at some point down the road, but I'll be going organic) But for now no more peanut butter.

2. I have decided that I'm going to keep at least 3, maybe 4 brands of dog food with their respective wet foods around the house, and simply monitor Barack's progress with all of them.

3. Being that I'm such a novice I will not be going with a raw diet, until I have plenty of time to do the necessary research that would make me comfortable enough to do so, or prior to Barack reaching adulthood.

4. I will continue to accept advise and tips from more experienced GSD owners, but will not rush to implement said advise until I have done my homework.

5. i will spend more time reading through these forums, along with other helpful websites in regards to keeping my boy's diet healthy!

Finally I'd like to again (for the millionth time lol) thank everyone for being helpful and understanding of my concerns. I will be sticking around these forums for years to come!

Happy Holidays all!

PS: Barack has done well with the SD mixed with 1/4 of the Euka wet puppy Chiot and little bit of water these last 3 Meals. He's been eating the majority of of his servings and leaving about 1/8 of his bowl...so maybe I'm just giving him too much per serving. I'll continue to monitor him closely.

Last edited by Ageizm; 12-04-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
Ageizm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.