Just received my new shipment of Feedsentials and a question for Carmen re staph - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Just received my new shipment of Feedsentials and a question for Carmen re staph

First things first: I was thrilled to see that you can now use a credit card to purchase Feedsentials and other of Carmen's supplements!

Just go to this link:

FEED-sentials

Now, for the question.

Within one month of running out of Feedsentials, Hans started scratching and the inner thigh region of his leg was red and losing hair.

This went on for about two weeks, and the vet found he had a staph infection on the inside of his hind leg. He had also begun to shed a lot.

Five days ago, I started him on the Sunday Sundae with every meal, and the scratching has significantly reduced in frequency and intensity. I added Feedsentials again three days ago.

I have been using Vetericyn twice a day and not only is the whorl completely gone, but the leg is less red and the hair has begun to regrow. The vet had prescribed Keflex -- powerful antibiotics, no way was I giving him that before first trying topical.

My questions:

1)Could the staph and itching be a result of running out of Feedsentials? I had not given him the Sunday Sundae until now.

2) What is the daily requirement of each?
The packaging says 1 tsp of SS and 2 Tbsp of Feedsentials. Is this daily, or with each meal? He gets fed 3 times a day.

Thank you, and thank you for the products. He really devours his meals when I add those!
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm glad you posted the link I have had a sticky on my wall at work to call Carmen to order her goodies, it's been there forever. On-line purchases are alot easier for me.

Hope you get everything worked out with your boy.
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
I'm glad you posted the link I have had a sticky on my wall at work to call Carmen to order her goodies, it's been there forever. On-line purchases are alot easier for me.

Hope you get everything worked out with your boy.
My pleasure! I actually ran out because I put off sending a check.
It is so much faster to order online and not have to find envelopes and stamps, which I no longer have-- not to mention we had run out of checks, LOL.

Just so you know, the site does the processing, but the package still comes from Carmen
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Staph infection could have taken hold when the dog had an abrassion or self trauma when he was taking care of his "itch" . Bacteria is on the skin and in the nose, mouth, gut and urinary tract . When the immune system is depressed bacteria can get out of hand. So you are taking care of the immune system inside and out .
I just picked up some Vetrycyn for someone -- and I see on the back label it says "this product , in solution, kills 99.999% of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores including E-coli, Staph (MRSA) Strep, Moraxellia bovis, Pasteurella and Actinomyces ."
Were you aware that there are two strenghts . One is (0.00 3?) and the stronger solution is (0.008%)

The answer for the Feed-Sentials is daily.
The answer for the Sunday Sundae is - it depends - if you have no problem than you can give this as a good management treat once a week. If you have a problem , an allergy , then you would provide this with each meal , till problem resolves and you have a restored healthy digestive system.
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Wasn't aware. My solution is the stronger one.
I looked at his leg and the staph is completely gone. The skin has gone back to a healthy whitish color. He is barely scratching anymore.
I am so happy I didn't need to resort to antibiotics.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Carmen- I love that your product is more accessible. I think I will place an order.

But first, can you tell me if your product has at least, or better, joint supplement support as Springtime Inc's Longevity product? I use their product mainly for joint support. If I switch to your product, I need to know that she's getting at least the same amount of glucosamine and MSM.

Edit- for your convenience. Longevity has per 8 grams:
  • Chondroitin sulfate, min. 90% purity (bovine cartilage extract) 400 mg
  • Glucosamine HCL, 99% (shellfish extract) 400 mg
  • MSM, 99% (methyl sulfonyl methane) 400 mg

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training

Last edited by wildo; 11-30-2012 at 01:02 PM.
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Thanks. Gonna try the combo. My dog is fine except she itches a little here and there, don't know why. Also one of her ears get gunky easily. Was the right ear and now is the left ear. Just when I celebrate the right ears stopped being gunky the left ear starts. Hopefully it's just part of the detoxification process and can just ride it out. Meanwhile, she's become such a good sport letting me clean her ears.
Bear L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What I have is much more comprehensive , with ingredients to build muscle and repair and protect ligament and cartilage and act as an anti inflammatory - whole body . The thing is to try it and find out for your self with results . PM sent
Old 11-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What is really great about Carmen's products is that she uses mostly foods and they are human grade ingredients and the dog's body will metabolize and utilize them differently from a chemical compound. You get the benefits, plus those of having bright eyes with no boogies and a shiny coat.

Also, dogs love the taste!

Last edited by Sunflowers; 11-30-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

only foods , human edible , raw , organic or wildcrafted .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.