Have you ever tried your dog's food/treats? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaity View Post
three dog bakery makes some good smellin cookies. only difference if that they are dry, not baked with chococlate (carob instead) and are not that sweet.
OMG the vanilla ones from this manufacturer are awesome. They are like vanilla Oreo cookies. They are the only dog treat I am ever tempted to taste.
Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

You people have gone to the dogs.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

I'll only try the ones that are certified human grade and the ingredients all look like I'd eat them anyways, like the pumpkin cookies that are all human grade "cookie recipe" ingredients . I don't eat anything with animal organs or anything like that mainly because I don't buy that whole "if my dogs eat it, I should be able to also" argument. Their digestive systems are pretty darn different from our and what they can handle and benefit from, is not the same as us...

Tango, lab mix 10/01/2000
Scarlett, cattle dog mix 04/01/2007
Sasha, GSD 02/01/2008
sashadog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

I dehydrate jerky for my girls frequently, and have been known to sample that here and there.
As for bagged treats, I have tried the refrigerated dehydrated sweet potatoes (I forget by what company...I think it might be the same people who make Vital and Deli-Fresh rolls). Those are absolutely DELICIOUS, as are any of the Grandma Lucy's Organics biscuits (especially the cinnamon, honey or blueberry). I bit off a corner of the Grandma Lucy's freeze-dried sweet potatoes and hated the texture. It reminded me kind of like a kitchen sponge...

RIP Reba von Treue Freundschaft, CGC, TDI
May 11, 2005 - May 23, 2013
Discoetheque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My dog doesn't eat anything I wouldn't/don't.

Husband has tried all of his treats, I have tried the sweet potato chews and the roxy and bosco cookies that are human grade / ingredients (and really tasty!).

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

i tried a peice of my dogs kibble. i would have eaten
a bowl of it but we were out of milk.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
i tried a peice of my dogs kibble. i would have eaten
a bowl of it but we were out of milk.
ahhh...too funny
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Funny story....my husband's parents used to have a cocker spaniel. Because of their jobs they often travel for 2-3 days and had a boy in their neighborhood "hired" as their dog sitter. Well one weekend they were gone and the boy forgot to let Sammy out for 36 hours. Amazingly Sammy didn't have an accident. Fast forward a weeks later and DH and I were at their house for Christmas when the boy and his mom came over and dropped off a present to apologize for forgetting about Sammy. Later that night I saw MIL chewing something and asked her if it was any good. She said "Well it's these little cookies that Boy dropped off but they are really dry and flavorless..." I said "Seriously? Those are DOG cookies for SAMMY!" and MIL screamed, ran to the sink, and gagged. It was so funny, she just kept shrieking, chugging water, and spitting into the sink. The best thing was that she had already eaten two others, thinking that maybe a different color would taste better! The ones the boy had bought were shaped and decorated like little Christmas cookies, haha!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

No way! People got salmonella just from handling their dog's kibble... not worth the risk!
Kira vom Snoozhaus ZZZ CGC!!!

Saber's Blog: Stuff Saber Does
cassadee7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Funny story....my husband's parents used to have a cocker spaniel. Because of their jobs they often travel for 2-3 days and had a boy in their neighborhood "hired" as their dog sitter. Well one weekend they were gone and the boy forgot to let Sammy out for 36 hours. Amazingly Sammy didn't have an accident. Fast forward a weeks later and DH and I were at their house for Christmas when the boy and his mom came over and dropped off a present to apologize for forgetting about Sammy. Later that night I saw MIL chewing something and asked her if it was any good. She said "Well it's these little cookies that Boy dropped off but they are really dry and flavorless..." I said "Seriously? Those are DOG cookies for SAMMY!" and MIL screamed, ran to the sink, and gagged. It was so funny, she just kept shrieking, chugging water, and spitting into the sink. The best thing was that she had already eaten two others, thinking that maybe a different color would taste better! The ones the boy had bought were shaped and decorated like little Christmas cookies, haha!
Hahaha! I can only imagine the look on her face...!!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.