Purified or Spring Water? - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
oh how i miss Colorado water.... no joke either. the water out here is just gross!
If you're ever near Garland, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) do NOT drink the water unless it's filtered. Oh.my.gosh...it is horrible. But yeah, we really love the tap out here.
will_and_jamie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #42 (permalink)
Master Member

Karma only drinks Evian or Perrier and only if it fresh off the plane from le france ....

kidkhmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
hahaha....no

They drink tap water
Yeah, same here.
HayesEquineArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
I use purified but purely because the water is purfied by a machine under our sink before it comes out the taps. So it's there only option to drink it!
I do the same thing! Except I fill a water bottle with fresh purified water and store it in the fridge. When my dog's water bowl gets low I grab the bottle from the fridge, pour some into his bowl, refill the bottle and place it back in the fridge to keep it nice and cold for the next time.

Although my tap water is fine, I still prefer the purified water for both my dog and I. Having an in house water filtration system is a good idea, for both humans and pets (especially if your pet is a finicky drinker).
ESPwaterproducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Master Member

We drink bottled water and give it to Joey as well. Don't like our tap water.

We normally buy Poland Spring, but we got a good deal on Wal-Mart brand bottled water.

I just noticed it contains calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate.

Is this safe for dogs?
Cheerful1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_and_jamie View Post
If you're ever near Garland, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) do NOT drink the water unless it's filtered. Oh.my.gosh...it is horrible. But yeah, we really love the tap out here.
Dittoing that! We live in Rockwall TX (near Garland) and the water smells and tastes awful, and if you ever saw where it comes from you'd know why. We give our new GSD puppy the same bottled water we drink, and I was checking into this thread to see if we were the only ones doing that. Glad to hear others do so too!
WolfieWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We have a well, though our well water is super hard and has nitrates in it from the fertilizers used in the adjoining farmland. So, we have a water treatment system for the household and grooming shop. Additionally, we have a Culligan reverse osmosis system at the kitchen sink. That's our drinking and cooking water.

I have heard that softened water isn't good for animals due to the sodium content. So, we compromise. We have a bowl with a 2.5 gallon water bottle attached, so I fill it with half drinking water and half softened water. The Culligan system only keeps about 2 gallons of drinking water in the tank, so I can't fill the big bottle all the way without running out of drinking water.

However, I catch my animals drinking out of the toilet all the time. I don't think they are too picky. Dogs drink out of mud puddles, they drink gross pond water, they eat other animal's poo and roll in dead things... so I don't get too bent out of shape about giving them well water or softened water.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.