Puppies Body - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Puppies Body

Not sure what catergory this is, but I have a beautiful 5 1/2 month old male german shepherd puppy. He is absolutely beautiful and is coming along very nicely. He weighs about 65 pounds and is on the Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy Food. He loves it and it is great food for dogs that can get bloat.

I do my best to not have him jump to much or run around crazy but you know how that it is. Every night we go out with his ball and play for about 20 minutes ( I don't want to over due it) and he chases me, I chase him and then I throw it a little but always keep it low to the ground so he doesn't have to jump up to catch it. And we are always on the grass.

I was just wondering if anyone else ever notices that their puppies are so clumsy and can't seem to balance on their back legs that good. Sometimes he looks as if he sways.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any comments about this or do you think I am doing wrong?

Also, besides kongs what else does anyone give their GSD's to keep busy chewing.

I have attached a picture.

Thanks for the tips!
Attached Thumbnails
Puppies Body-jax-4-being-sneaky.jpg  
boogieoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

First, you have a handsome boy!! BUT A, just in the pic I can see he is a solid large boy (besides the fact he is 65lbs at 5.5mos)!! So, your pup is growing really fast in all sorts of ways (just like kids who go through a clumsy goofy stage) so being less than a ballerina is normal. Not sure what your definition of sway is, so I would upload a video of what you are talking about, as everyone has an image in their head as to what a sway would constitute for them.
Hineni7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.