German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (
-   Development & Socialization (
-   -   And it just keeps coming(worrying about her size. Estimations?) (

LokiTheLady 03-19-2014 11:51 PM

And it just keeps coming(worrying about her size. Estimations?)
Hi there guys. Sorry to bug ya again, but Loki is about 5 months and 16 days. She's about 22" inches at her withers, and last recorded vet weight was 48 pounds about...ehh, two/three weeks ago. To me, she seems tiny. Long in the body, but itty bitty. I feel like she's underdeveloped for 5 1/2 months. You see all the 6 month old dogs and they look much more grown up/mature.

Loki still has the thick, short legs of a 15-17 week old puppy. She's just more 'puppyish' than other German Shepherds we've met at her age, and the pictures of your guys' GSDs on here.

I took a few pictures of her next to her crate, which is about 29 1/2" inches tall, and 42" inches wide. I do have another crate being ordered to fit her better as she grows older, this is just her puppy crate right now. Sorry about the picture quality.

Estimations for how big she'll get? Thanks guys! Edit: At what age should I expect her to stop growing vertically?

SunCzarina 03-20-2014 12:04 AM

How big she will be depends on how big parents and the grand parents are/were.

Venus was as tall as she was going to get by 7 months old. Which was good because she was a HUGE puppy, 19lbs at her 9 week well puppy visit.

Jmoore728 03-20-2014 12:23 AM

She will start to fill out when she gets a little older.

LaRen616 03-20-2014 09:19 AM

She looks fine, they ususally grow height wise up to 10-12 months and then she'll fit out around 2-3 years old.

Just keep her a nice healthy weight and she will grow into a nice sized, good looking girl.

Jax08 03-20-2014 09:44 AM

She is fine! Sounds like a nice size.